Church holding a burn the Quran day?

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Church holding a burn the Quran day?

Post by Marx Chaotix »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwI_HqB_eOk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VwI_HqB_eOk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Sigh... the stupid pastor is a fool as well as the Muslim candidate. :nono:

Any thoughts or ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwI_HqB_eOk
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Church holding a burn the Quran day?

Post by eatcomics »

dumbass, he's just another one of those idiots that the media picks up on and fuels other people... this is the dumbest idea ever

Edit: I mean everyone knows fire is dangerous...
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Marx, do you enjoy wasting your time listening to the clowns at the young turks, talking about other clowns... It is like the only posts i see you make.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by davidthefat »

Honestly, the muslims burn the american flag and stuff, why not the quaron? Not too far fetched idea imho...
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Yes lets show that we're not bad people by acting just like the enemy?
JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Kanoba Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3, PC

Post by JaxDragon »

davidthefat wrote:Honestly, the muslims burn the american flag and stuff, why not the quaron? Not too far fetched idea imho...
EXTREMIST, FUNDAMENTALIST muslims do that. Keep in mind that those extremist muslims ARE A VERY SMALL MINORITY. Most muslims do not do such things. The extremists do that(from what I've learned on the topic) because it is what they were raised or forced into doing. In America, there really isn't an excuse. We are a country of religious tolerance. Burning the Qu'ran would not help anything at all.

TYT uploaded a video saying that the man decided not to do this anyway.
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by davidthefat »

JaxDragon wrote:
davidthefat wrote:Honestly, the muslims burn the american flag and stuff, why not the quaron? Not too far fetched idea imho...
EXTREMIST, FUNDAMENTALIST muslims do that. Keep in mind that those extremist muslims ARE A VERY SMALL MINORITY. Most muslims do not do such things. The extremists do that(from what I've learned on the topic) because it is what they were raised or forced into doing. In America, there really isn't an excuse. We are a country of religious tolerance. Burning the Qu'ran would not help anything at all.

TYT uploaded a video saying that the man decided not to do this anyway.
Yea and hes the extremist american, so what? hes just one guy out of the millions, let him do it, freedom of speech.
JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by JaxDragon »

Yes of course he can do it. But it would help NOTHING. In fact, most people are in agreement it would further hurt things.
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by davidthefat »

JaxDragon wrote:Yes of course he can do it. But it would help NOTHING. In fact, most people are in agreement it would further hurt things.
Yes its gonna put some dirt on the USA PR, but honestly IDK man. :nono:
JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by JaxDragon »

Well we're all entitled to our opinion.

I just want people to stop fighting over religion, it really has no point. Putting more fuel on the fire is a bad idea.
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by davidthefat »

JaxDragon wrote:Well we're all entitled to our opinion.

I just want people to stop fighting over religion, it really has no point. Putting more fuel on the fire is a bad idea.
Its not just religion; it is the human nature to get defensive or aggressive when some one disagrees. Well the world is always filled with hate and war, this is just a small episode in the events of life. Reminds me of the Nazi book burning, Chinese Cultural Revolution, and the other book burnings in history

Well its cancelled:
http://www.voanews.com/english/news/US- ... 71464.html
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

Anything like this is retarded. Yes, first ammendment rights, but this is just a bunch of idiots doing idiotic things to try to get other idiots to support their idiotic views. End of story.
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Ginto8 wrote:Anything like this is retarded. Yes, first ammendment rights, but this is just a bunch of idiots doing idiotic things to try to get other idiots to support their idiotic views. End of story.
agreed
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

And everyone wonders why the Muslims get pissed off in the Middle East. If only we lightened up and stopped being an ignorant bunch trying to classify an extremely small minority with more than a billion followers then we'll never progress as a society. Sigh it simply goes to show how ignorant people are. :nono: I just know that if this idiot decided to go through with this then it'd be nothing but a catastrophie just waiting to happen.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Marx Chaotix wrote:And everyone wonders why the Muslims get pissed off in the Middle East. If only we lightened up and stopped being an ignorant bunch trying to classify an extremely small minority with more than a billion followers then we'll never progress as a society. Sigh it simply goes to show how ignorant people are. :nono: I just know that if this idiot decided to go through with this then it'd be nothing but a catastrophie just waiting to happen.
Ex-fuckin-cuse me? You want to justify senseless violence against innocent people, because some redneck burns their holy book.. are you off your rocker? In no way do I condone burning the Quran, or any religious book, BUT, if that were to happen, killing innocent people because if it, is NOT justified.

Remember 9/11, remember seeing much of the muslim world chanting in the streets not just a minority...? dont act like these "radical" muslims are a uber minority, I've read that as much as 20% percent of muslims are radical, making it about 300million people.

If this tool decides to burn this book, and innocent people get killed, its not because of it, or his fault. These people are looking for an excuse to justify their actions.

If someone decided to burn a bible... you think christians are going to go kill muslims, or people of the country where the book was burned. probably not, i know sure as shit i wont give a fuck.

And dont give my this timothy mcveigh bullshit.. cause i know thats on the way.

and you talk about ignorance, you think 9/11 is the only shit radical muslims has been up to? you can look on nearly every continent in the world and see shit.. wanna take a look at darfur for an example?

Im not saying all muslims are radicals, but i sure as fuck dont see the muslim community standing up and condemning this shit. I think its clear that 99 percent of america has condemned this tool for wanting to burn the quran
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"