Evangelicals Bring Jesus To Public Schools

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

EccentricDuck
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Isometric "2.5D" Airship Game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2, SNES, GBA, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C#, Python, JScript

Re: Evangelicals Bring Jesus To Public Schools

Post by EccentricDuck »

Lol, agreed, I'm in the math study lab at my school right now. I did :lol: though.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Marx Chaotix wrote:Yeah... A while back I was told to take a gif. image down for it being "innappropriate" for people who are at work or school. It'd be appreciated if some users on here used a little discression. There are people who really do use these forums as a source of information (even while in school) so posting those sort of things probably wouldn't be the best.
If you are using this forum for work or school to get information, you have bigger issues than a PG-13 image, that no teacher or boss would care about, especially in the context it was placed in...

These forums are full of content that is much worse on face value, so please, leave my nYUM alone.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
WSPSNIPER
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: top down shooter
Favorite Gaming Platforms: ps3
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by WSPSNIPER »

avansc wrote:
Marx Chaotix wrote:Yeah... A while back I was told to take a gif. image down for it being "innappropriate" for people who are at work or school. It'd be appreciated if some users on here used a little discression. There are people who really do use these forums as a source of information (even while in school) so posting those sort of things probably wouldn't be the best.
If you are using this forum for work or school to get information, you have bigger issues than a PG-13 image, that no teacher or boss would care about, especially in the context it was placed in...

These forums are full of content that is much worse on face value, so please, leave my nYUM alone.

ya, i kind of agree. if you are on this site when at school or work you are doing somthing you shouldent do anyway so what diff dose it make if? lol
EccentricDuck
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by EccentricDuck »

WSPSNIPER wrote:
avansc wrote:

ya, i kind of agree. if you are on this site when at school or work you are doing somthing you shouldent do anyway so what diff dose it make if? lol
Not really, I spend a fair bit of time at the school because there's good places for me to study. This is just one of the places I come to when I take a break or need to get my mind off of something before going on to something else. I don't think those things should be taken down (I thought it was funny, it was just when I scrolled past that the next few times I wished I could have minimized the image), but spoiler quotes might be nice (it's not like I'm on this site during my Comp Sci or Technical Drafting labs, but in my own time I decide when and how to take a break).
WSPSNIPER
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by WSPSNIPER »

EccentricDuck wrote:
WSPSNIPER wrote:
avansc wrote:

Not really, I spend a fair bit of time at the school because there's good places for me to study. This is just one of the places I come to when I take a break or need to get my mind off of something before going on to something else. I don't think those things should be taken down (I thought it was funny, it was just when I scrolled past that the next few times I wished I could have minimized the image), but spoiler quotes might be nice (it's not like I'm on this site during my Comp Sci or Technical Drafting labs, but in my own time I decide when and how to take a break).
LUCKY dude at my school we get no breaks, its go go go go go it never ends then i get home and have more homework then they should be able to give anyone and i have almost no time to program anymore :( if i could take a break at school i would program my ass off ( i can even use my locker because im in a big school with a 4 min passing time so i have to speed walk to my next class ) I HATE HIGHSCHOOL!!! only one more year after this though :D and my senior year will be easy as :P
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

meh, I thought it was funny, and rarely ever do I check the forums at school. I just happened to that day. There was a time when this site was blocked at my school, but now its not xD
EccentricDuck
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by EccentricDuck »

WSPSNIPER wrote:LUCKY dude at my school we get no breaks, its go go go go go it never ends then i get home and have more homework then they should be able to give anyone and i have almost no time to program anymore :( if i could take a break at school i would program my ass off ( i can even use my locker because im in a big school with a 4 min passing time so i have to speed walk to my next class ) I HATE HIGHSCHOOL!!! only one more year after this though :D and my senior year will be easy as :P
Yeah, I'm at university so it's a bit different. I spend less time in class and more studying/preparing for labs. It's good that you want to spend that time programming - if you can keep up that attitude you'll just keep getting better. The nice thing about a high school schedule is it's fairly regular. It can be difficult to plan a good schedule in university/college, particularly for non-engineers or people who like to take unusual combinations of courses (me). I've found that it's hard not to have huge breaks, varying start times (I also don't like early mornings which makes it harder for me), and to avoid having spots where you have too many courses crammed in at once (I find it's not good when lectures start to blur together and you can't think about what was just mentioned before moving on to the next thing - 2 classes in a row with no breather is fine, 3+ and I definitely get less from each of them).

It's easier if you can make use of your long breaks (studying or having an ambition to do something like program), if you're a morning person (I still stand by the idea that night-owls tend to be more creative... although maybe that's just part of being slightly rebellious), if you can figure out what wears you out and what picks you back up again. Regarding the last point, I have a hard time with being in really noisy and busy places for too long (150-250 person lecture halls and a 35000 student campus sucked when I was at my previous university) and I find I need to find a quiet place in order to recharge, get back in the zone, and focus on studying. The more you realize things like that about yourself the better you'll do.
vargonian
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vargonian »

Oh man, I miss all the good discussions. I even missed some CS Lewis-bashing, which I can always get behind.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Meh, I just think it's sorta unfair that I had to take a gif down that was no more worse than that which was posted earlier and the explanation was the VERY same that I gave to have it removed and it sent to me by Mar. a little while ago. *sigh* god I hate hippocrasy.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

which one was that?
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

whine whine whine, is it time for a diaper change?
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

avansc wrote:whine whine whine, is it time for a diaper change?
lol nice :lol:
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

YES I HAVE A CHANCE TO USE THIS
WSPSNIPER
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by WSPSNIPER »

eatcomics wrote:
YES I HAVE A CHANCE TO USE THIS
IM A BIG KID NOW!!!
EccentricDuck
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by EccentricDuck »

Isn't this a bit harsh? You're usually the one who points out the obvious - but in this case I see that he has a point.

Marx - it wasn't your profile pic was it?