Evangelicals Bring Jesus To Public Schools

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Evangelicals Bring Jesus To Public Schools

Post by Marx Chaotix »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY2IT2mAOr8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY2IT2mAOr8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY2IT2mAOr8
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Evangelicals Bring Jesus To Public Schools

Post by dandymcgee »

Marx Chaotix wrote:[broken youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY2IT2mAOr8
Nobody knows how to use the Youtube tag anymore..

This long ass code is for embedding in HTML.

Code: Select all

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY2IT2mAOr8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RY2IT2mAOr8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
This is all you need for the YouTube tag.

Code: Select all

[youtube]RY2IT2mAOr8[/youtube]
Voila.

Religion isn't taught in public schools for a good reason. It's already difficult to teach students science, we don't need to confuse them with religion.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by pritam »

dandymcgee wrote:Religion isn't taught in public schools for a good reason. It's already difficult to teach students science, we don't need to confuse them with religion.
Yeah, I think we had like one hour about christianity in 3rd grade or something, didn't mind it but wasn't necessary either.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

pritam wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:Religion isn't taught in public schools for a good reason. It's already difficult to teach students science, we don't need to confuse them with religion.
Yeah, I think we had like one hour about christianity in 3rd grade or something, didn't mind it but wasn't necessary either.
I attended church with my family quite often when I was younger, and while I never minded meeting people I always hated the 'learning' aspect. I've also had class discussions about various aspects of religion in high school, but have never had anyone attempt to force me into any particular ideas or beliefs.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Kanoba Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3, PC

Post by JaxDragon »

I can't stand people trying to shove religion down your throat. I go to school to learn about things I will actually use in life. If it was ACTUALLY a anti-suicide seminar, meh I could live with that. But not listening to "Oh! Jesus loves you!" Fundamentalist douchebags.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I tried embedding the video but, for some reason it only popped up with a white box outline of the video so I just posted the URL. I know how to embed. And I agree with everyone that this is ethically wrong to enforce religion upon others and trying to influence people into your own cult.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Marx Chaotix wrote:

I tried embedding the video but, for some reason it only popped up with a white box outline of the video so I just posted the URL. I know how to embed. And I agree with everyone that this is ethically wrong to enforce religion upon others and trying to influence people into your own cult.
You just need the uid after ?v=, as raw HTML isn't supported in posts. I grabbed that first long code from your actual post.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

JaxDragon wrote:I can't stand people trying to shove religion down your throat. I go to school to learn about things I will actually use in life. If it was ACTUALLY a anti-suicide seminar, meh I could live with that. But not listening to "Oh! Jesus loves you!" Fundamentalist douchebags.
Wait... so this is not on the public dime, its just a group of people coming to talk. Dude, how is that any different to ANT other assembly talk.
I hate the young turks. They are pretentious high horsed douche bags.

And im pretty sure that dude just admitted he is a pedophile.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

avansc wrote:
JaxDragon wrote:I can't stand people trying to shove religion down your throat. I go to school to learn about things I will actually use in life. If it was ACTUALLY a anti-suicide seminar, meh I could live with that. But not listening to "Oh! Jesus loves you!" Fundamentalist douchebags.
Wait... so this is not on the public dime, its just a group of people coming to talk. Dude, how is that any different to ANT other assembly talk.

The issue is not that they came in and did it in the first place, it's that they lied about what they actually intended with the seminar. They told the school it would simply be an anti-suicide seminar, but they turned it into an evangelical presentation.

Though yes, they are quite pretentious =P
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mv2112
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Java Tower Defence Game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64/Xbox 360/PC/GameCube
Programming Language of Choice: C/++, Java

Post by mv2112 »

I can't stand it either. It's amazing what these fundamentalists are willing to do to drag people into their religion.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Ginto8 wrote:
avansc wrote:

The issue is not that they came in and did it in the first place, it's that they lied about what they actually intended with the seminar. They told the school it would simply be an anti-suicide seminar, but they turned it into an evangelical presentation.

Though yes, they are quite pretentious =P
Umm... well we just dont know the details... all we know is what these youtube news-anchors are telling us...
These people are not SHOVING anything. They are selling. you dont have to buy it. religion is being made out to be this horrible disgusting thing.. people are acting like drugs were being handed out to these kids.
JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Kanoba Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3, PC

Post by JaxDragon »

Well the thing is more of them lying to get into the school. Instead of talking about what they said they were going to talk about. Assuming they were actually lying, this topic is pretty much based of the only info we have. I'm sure they have something to say about it, but until they do, this is all we have.
And who admitted they were a pedophile?
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

avansc wrote: religion is being made out to be this horrible disgusting thing..
It is in my opinion. The good that has come of it seems far outweighed by the bad.

Read: Pure opinion. Not looking to start a debate over this at all.. it would only prove my point even further. It's a hot topic that most of us probably don't wish to argue over.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

dandymcgee wrote:
avansc wrote: religion is being made out to be this horrible disgusting thing..
It is in my opinion. The good that has come of it seems far outweighed by the bad.

Read: Pure opinion. Not looking to start a debate over this at all.. it would only prove my point even further. It's a hot topic that most of us probably don't wish to argue over.
Your opinion is that bad things happen because religion, and that may very well be true in some cases. but is not in most. for example, the crusades did not happen because of christianity. it happened because CORRUPT people, the clergy lied to the people who could not read, about what the bible said, and so on..

99 times out of a hundred, people do things for them selves. not for a cause. (i cant say for middle eastern religion)
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3

Post by davidthefat »

Why is it that when you mention Jesus Christ that everyone gets uncomfortable? This nation is paradoxical IMHO. We take oath on the bible in court and when taking public offices, yet we can't teach about the contents of the book they are putting an oath on? Thats very ironic in my book. Also pledge of allegiance, "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Why do we make people say those words without educating about the God they are united under? I find that very ironic, the country is not even united, on the map it is, but it is a very divided country.

Let me ask all of you, who is Jesus Christ? God? Or a Great Teacher?