New Consoles coming when?

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

SD021
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Yes :P
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: New Consoles coming when?

Post by SD021 »

I read a paper recently saying that it won't be until after 2012-1013 before we see any new consoles. There hasn't been enough innovations in pc gaming technology recently to suffice for a new generation. Hopefully that will change soon with Fermi coming out and x64 architecture becoming mainstream. The next gen will start to push real time cgi level graphics and that's still a long way off even with pc's
acerookie1
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Wii, SNES, GameCube

Post by acerookie1 »

GyroVorbis wrote:
Milch wrote:I think in the next 2 years nintendo will present something like a HD wii with 3D support - yay.
God, I think that whole 3D is stupid - it just makes my eyes hurt ><
I think the fact that the Wii couldn't at least do 720p already was completely fucktarded.
i have to agree with that. i've had a 720p tv since 2002. well i think it is cus i dont need a converter and has hd input.... :oops: idk

[EDIT]: yeah it is a 720p TV.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

acerookie1 wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:
Milch wrote:I think in the next 2 years nintendo will present something like a HD wii with 3D support - yay.
I think the fact that the Wii couldn't at least do 720p already was completely fucktarded.
i have to agree with that. i've had a 720p tv since 2002. well i think it is cus i dont need a converter and has hd input.... :oops: idk

Then take into account the fact that the Dreamcast could do full 480p VGA output, which looks soooooooo much better than the Wii's 480p with component cables...
acerookie1
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Wii, SNES, GameCube

Post by acerookie1 »

GyroVorbis wrote:
acerookie1 wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:

Then take into account the fact that the Dreamcast could do full 480p VGA output, which looks soooooooo much better than the Wii's 480p with component cables...
found a dreamcast in a store down the street for 30 bucks. damn i wish i wasnt broke. lol they were selling a gamecube for 7 bucks. does anyone think the gamecube was kinda nintendo fail. i mean i can name more great games i had on the n64 than my g-cube. but oh well. i'll try the dreamcast out when i get the cash.