NASA now has "enough money [...] reshape U.S. space pol

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

NASA now has "enough money [...] reshape U.S. space pol

Post by MarauderIIC »

science.slashdot.org wrote:President Bush's Money For Space Cometh
Space
Posted by Hemos on Monday December 06, @11:38AM
from the delay's-payoff dept.
citanon writes " The Washington Post reports that House Majority Leader Tom Delay has delivered, via the omnibus spending bill passed Nov. 20, the President's full budgetary request of $16.2 billion dollars for NASA as a part of his Vision for Space Exploration. Despite earlier reports that NASA's budget will be cut, Delay, whose congressional district now includes the Johnson Space Center, was able to deliver the full budgetary request without any debate. NASA now has "enough money to forge ahead on a plan that would reshape U.S. space policy for decades to come." Despite this early victory, questions regarding the full cost of the program remain unresolved. It is also unclear whether the NASA bureaucracy will be able to rise to the challenges posed in the initiative and which current projects will suffer as a consequence."
http://science.slashdot.org/science/04/ ... =98&tid=14
Last edited by MarauderIIC on Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.