upset victory

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

upset victory

Post by avansc »

dont know if anyone knows this. but a rep. scott brown has won the senate seat in Massachusetts that had been held by dems. for almost 50 years.
many speculate this as a result of the people reacting to obama policies and job performance, how ever the white house was quick to place blame
on the democratic candidate attorney general martha coakley.

what ever the case may be, this impacts the dems plans greatly for the health care bill as they do not have the minimum required votes no to push it through.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: upset victory

Post by hurstshifter »

avansc wrote:dont know if anyone knows this. but a rep. scott brown has won the senate seat in Massachusetts that had been held by dems. for almost 50 years.
many speculate this as a result of the people reacting to obama policies and job performance, how ever the white house was quick to place blame
on the democratic candidate attorney general martha coakley.

what ever the case may be, this impacts the dems plans greatly for the health care bill as they do not have the minimum required votes no to push it through.

Being from Massachusetts and liberal in most of my views I can say that for the past few weeks I have been very disappointed in Atty General Coakley's campaign. When she saw this would not be the typical democratic easy victory in Massachusetts her campaign media turned sour. She drifted entirely away from the issues at hand and instead pointed fingers at Brown.

Although, I do not believe this is entirely her fault. I think Scott Brown had a smart campaign and stuck to the economy/unemployment/lower taxes issues. Frankly, this ended up appealing to a large portion of our registered independents. The most unfortunate part of this (as it is with most elections) is the roughly 2.2 million turnout in a state of 4.2 million registered voters.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
Innerscope
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Gridbug
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: Obj-C, C++

Post by Innerscope »

hurstshifter wrote:The most unfortunate part of this (as it is with most elections) is the roughly 2.2 million turnout in a state of 4.2 million registered voters.
So much for democracy, it's like people don't care.
I think Scott Brown is a great guy. (from what I've seen/heard) Although personally, I am for health care reform.
Current Project: Gridbug
Website (under construction) : http://www.timcool.me
OmegaGDS
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: GMN (C++)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, PSP / Psp Emulation, GameCube, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by OmegaGDS »

I am/was a scott brown supporter :mrgreen: WOOHOO!