Mac OSX Snow Leopard released!

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Swattkidd
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Mac OSX Snow Leopard released!

Post by Swattkidd »

Pickzell wrote:
Swattkidd wrote:
hurstshifter wrote: What I was commenting on is simply the never ending fact that Apple continues to rape the consumer of their hard-earned dollars for overpriced hardware & software. I think it's great that they are only charging $29 for the SL upgrade, but that doesn't come close to saving them. The fact remains that a similarly priced Windows/Linux based PC/Laptop will drastically outperform a Macbook Pro. True, they may not be quite as shiny, but that is something that I'm willing to sacrifice however hard it may be.

Oh, and I don't need to hold 6 + 4 when booting up to run in 64-bit mode, it's pretty cool :)
I dont really care about this argument but, WTF? Charging 230 dollars for windows vista HOME PREMIUM, not even the fully shit version is raping the consumer hard dont you think?
I got Ultimate free. It came with my computer. My computer wins. Yes.
But werent we also talking about how long computers last, and if your computer lasts from XP to vista, or more recently Vista to windows 7, you paid for a computer, 1000$ we will say for a decent one, maybe even 800 now, plus buying the new operating system 300 that also pretty expensive, including like warranty for 300 and all that, so it all pretty much balances out, even maybe more expensive...but basically what I am saying is price shouldn't really be an argument although macs are more short term expensive which sucks because you need more initial cash to get one..