Mac OSX Snow Leopard released!

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Re: Mac OSX Snow Leopard released!

Post by MarauderIIC »

JaxDragon wrote:
JaxDragon wrote:not trying to start a flame war.
Mission failed.
You failed to take into account some mission parameters, I think.
1) avansc owns a mac
2) avansc calls people names
3) most people don't bother ignoring the sentences where avansc calls people names
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

At least i don't call people names behind their backs.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

avansc wrote:At least i don't call people names behind their backs.
I think we have just found the inverse of "what you don't know can't hurt you".
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Pickzell »

I guess I'm a little late.

One thing I learned about avansc since I came one here: if your opinion isn't the exact same as his, he will start non-stop cyberbullying you. Seriously, wasn't hurstshifter's post something along the lines of "I don't like it." He didn't say
OMGZZZ U GUYZ APPL FUKKIN SUX. LINUX IZ SO MUCK BETTAH!
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Pickzell wrote:I guess I'm a little late.

One thing I learned about avansc since I came one here: if your opinion isn't the exact same as his, he will start non-stop cyberbullying you. Seriously, wasn't hurstshifter's post something along the lines of "I don't like it." He didn't say
OMGZZZ U GUYZ APPL FUKKIN SUX. LINUX IZ SO MUCK BETTAH!
i guess all opinions are right...
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Pickzell wrote:I guess I'm a little late.

One thing I learned about avansc since I came one here: if your opinion isn't the exact same as his, he will start non-stop cyberbullying you.
Nah, just every time you bring it up.
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

I honestly CANNOT take sides on this subject, I PERSONALLY love Debian and Ubuntu over any other OS... AND they're free, no 30$ (Mac), or even more than that (Windows).
I can't take sides because, I was not experienced with Mac or familiar with it at all until 6th grade when that was our class computer OS. So I had already loved Windows. However, now, I have come to the conclusion that the more you do your self (In my opinion) the better (Linux/Unix). Their are many reasons why I like Windows, and multiple other reasons why I like Mac whether they are similar reasons or not. I have found that I prefer some of Mac's applications that are 'built into' the operating system a lot more than many of Window's. Although I have found that I prefer Bash terminal over desktops in general anyways so I cannot say which interface I prefer. Windows (aside from Vista) has a clean and relatively easy to navigate interface. Where as Mac has a less colorful, more chrome, and yet (again my opinion,) semi-more attractive interface but harder for ME to navigate, because I am not used to Mac. I'm not saying that it is all that much different from Windows but it is a bit so.

PS: I run on XP, Debian, Ubuntu on this PC. I run on Leopard and Ubuntu on my other.

*EDIT: You have to learn to deal with Avansc's comments whether they start out nice or not. It's smarter to smile and nod in any case.*
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

MadPumpkin wrote:I honestly CANNOT take sides on this subject, I PERSONALLY love Debian and Ubuntu over any other OS... AND they're free, no 30$ (Mac), or even more than that (Windows).
I can't take sides because, I was not experienced with Mac or familiar with it at all until 6th grade when that was our class computer OS. So I had already loved Windows. However, now, I have come to the conclusion that the more you do your self (In my opinion) the better (Linux/Unix). Their are many reasons why I like Windows, and multiple other reasons why I like Mac whether they are similar reasons or not. I have found that I prefer some of Mac's applications that are 'built into' the operating system a lot more than many of Window's. Although I have found that I prefer Bash terminal over desktops in general anyways so I cannot say which interface I prefer. Windows (aside from Vista) has a clean and relatively easy to navigate interface. Where as Mac has a less colorful, more chrome, and yet (again my opinion,) semi-more attractive interface but harder for ME to navigate, because I am not used to Mac. I'm not saying that it is all that much different from Windows but it is a bit so.

PS: I run on XP, Debian, Ubuntu on this PC. I run on Leopard and Ubuntu on my other.

*EDIT: You have to learn to deal with Avansc's comments whether they start out nice or not. It's smarter to smile and nod in any case.*

i think that was a very fair statement.
hows that for a comment?
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

avansc wrote:At least i don't call people names behind their backs.
I prefer to call people names in front of their backs, they tend to hear easier when they're facing you.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

avansc wrote:i think that was a very fair statement.
hows that for a comment?
It doesn't add much to the conversation. You're between a rock and a hard place =)
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by MadPumpkin »

hows that for a comment?
As was that comment, but be more constructive with your feedback jerk-off.
haha no im just kidding!!! But seriously why even bother with Windows and Mac if you know how to use Ubuntu. (In my own personal opinion)
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by MadPumpkin »

MarauderIIC wrote:
hows that for a comment?
It doesn't add much to the conversation. You're between a rock and a hard place =)
So you're... Not only on top of a rock... But you're under one too? Haha
Swattkidd
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Swattkidd »

hurstshifter wrote: What I was commenting on is simply the never ending fact that Apple continues to rape the consumer of their hard-earned dollars for overpriced hardware & software. I think it's great that they are only charging $29 for the SL upgrade, but that doesn't come close to saving them. The fact remains that a similarly priced Windows/Linux based PC/Laptop will drastically outperform a Macbook Pro. True, they may not be quite as shiny, but that is something that I'm willing to sacrifice however hard it may be.

Oh, and I don't need to hold 6 + 4 when booting up to run in 64-bit mode, it's pretty cool :)
I dont really care about this argument but, WTF? Charging 230 dollars for windows vista HOME PREMIUM, not even the fully shit version is raping the consumer hard dont you think?
Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Pickzell »

Swattkidd wrote:
hurstshifter wrote: What I was commenting on is simply the never ending fact that Apple continues to rape the consumer of their hard-earned dollars for overpriced hardware & software. I think it's great that they are only charging $29 for the SL upgrade, but that doesn't come close to saving them. The fact remains that a similarly priced Windows/Linux based PC/Laptop will drastically outperform a Macbook Pro. True, they may not be quite as shiny, but that is something that I'm willing to sacrifice however hard it may be.

Oh, and I don't need to hold 6 + 4 when booting up to run in 64-bit mode, it's pretty cool :)
I dont really care about this argument but, WTF? Charging 230 dollars for windows vista HOME PREMIUM, not even the fully shit version is raping the consumer hard dont you think?
I got Ultimate free. It came with my computer. My computer wins. Yes.
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

Pickzell wrote:
Swattkidd wrote:

I got Ultimate free. It came with my computer. My computer wins. Yes.
fail..