ARhrrrr - An augmented reality shooter

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Re: ARhrrrr - An augmented reality shooter

Post by MadPumpkin »

EDIT:Since you all seem to like AR tech I could give some awesome links. I actually looked into it ages ago and know quite a bit about how it works. I doubt I would try to approach it however. And certainly not on my own. I actually got a chance to use a really nice AR goggle visor whatever it was thing. Plus the world editor was... Well... Me. Which was quite fun. :]

EDITING REASON: It sounded rude and sarcastic.
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

@Trufun: about the objective c, I'm starting to get to work on a nice ipod touch game, if you find some good resources lemme know please :) and once i get some stuff started and running I'll make a post, and probably some youtube videos :)
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Btw, I got my first app compiled and put on my jailbroken ipod touch :) WinChain is awesome :)
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

eatcomics wrote:@Trufun: about the objective c, I'm starting to get to work on a nice ipod touch game, if you find some good resources lemme know please :) and once i get some stuff started and running I'll make a post, and probably some youtube videos :)

Btw, I got my first app compiled and put on my jailbroken ipod touch WinChain is awesome
Congrats, man. I've written a few simple apps like a calculator and few OpenGL ES demos.

Here's a site with some nice OpenGL ES tutorials:
http://web.me.com/smaurice/AppleCoder/i ... chive.html

Now that I've gotten familiar iPhone development and Objective-C, I'm moving onto Augmented Reality with the iPhone SDK 3.1. Finally, on to the fun stuff! ;)
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Awesome, sounds like a neat thing to be doing for a job :) And thanks for the link, right now I'm reading an objective c tutorial, and reading the apple developer thing... It's kinda of long and monotonous, and it makes me miss c++, but I'll probably like it once I really get into it...
I can't believe apple makes you pay for current updates... Everyone knows that as soon as a new one comes out they will let you download the old one for free
/rant (Saw the 3.1 thing and it got me thinking...)

Anyways I plan on actually writing out some code all this weekend... This will be the first weekend in like 2 months that I stay home... Pretty exciting :)