Texas Secession?

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Texas Secession?

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I have heard recently that the governor of Texas, Rick Perry, has been discussing seceding from the Union. Any thoughts?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009 ... ession.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwT9dcuBIrI

A person's views on this subject.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_NY-N0 ... annel_page
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: Texas Secession?

Post by trufun202 »

Yeah, I started hearing crap about this a few months ago. Chuck Norris actual stepped forward and said that he would be the "President of Texas" if they seceded from the Union. (/facepalm...srsly?)

I've lived in Texas for the past 13 years, and I've grown to love it. But this is just retarded...there's no other way to put it.

If, by some twisted fate, this becomes a reality, I'm getting the hell out of Texas.

I hate politics.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

trufun202 wrote:Yeah, I started hearing crap about this a few months ago. Chuck Norris actual stepped forward and said that he would be the "President of Texas" if they seceded from the Union. (/facepalm...srsly?)

I've lived in Texas for the past 13 years, and I've grown to love it. But this is just retarded...there's no other way to put it.

If, by some twisted fate, this becomes a reality, I'm getting the hell out of Texas.

I hate politics.

im not sure how this is retarded ?
im sure chuck norris can atleast balance his own check book.

ps: and that opinion video.. well that guy is a tool. doe he know how much money texas saves america in oil.
i gwt he is like a comedian, but he is a tool. i woudent take what he says to heart.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

trufun202 wrote:Yeah, I started hearing crap about this a few months ago. Chuck Norris actual stepped forward and said that he would be the "President of Texas" if they seceded from the Union. (/facepalm...srsly?)

I hate politics.
What?! That's ridiculous! What's next, Arnold and Cali will leave and ally up with Chuck and Texas? :lol:
Sounds like Texas is really unhappy with Obama or something?
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

dandymcgee wrote:

I hate politics.
What?! That's ridiculous! What's next, Arnold and Cali will leave and ally up with Chuck and Texas? :lol:
Sounds like Texas is really unhappy with Obama or something?
I'm guessing since the Democrats are taking office, and the Republicans are falling apart.
jtst1
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by jtst1 »

I also herd about this, my brother lives in Texas. I don't think it would be a bad idea if Texas seceded, apparently the U.S. government is trying to limit fire arms, and maybe even ban them? I don't keep to up-to-date on politics, so if something is wrong I'm sorry.
When One learns to Love, One must bear the risk of Hatred.