Conficker C Worm?

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Re: Conficker C Worm?

Post by MarauderIIC »

His computer's part of a botnet and he doesn't know it! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Bludklok
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: EnigmaCore
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, N64, Playstation1, Playstation2
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Bludklok »

I've heard of this virus but its a joke... I don't have any antivirus software (mainly because it slows down game performance) and I didn't catch anything. I heard it hit Australia pretty hard though.
Youtube
Website
Current project: Enigma Core
Martyj
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Martyj »

Anyone who doesn't have a computer without good anti virus is asking for some serious pain imo.
Ewan
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Ewan »

Bludklok wrote:I've heard of this virus but its a joke... I don't have any antivirus software (mainly because it slows down game performance) and I didn't catch anything. I heard it hit Australia pretty hard though.
You should get some. I didn't update Norton (yeah, I used to have Norton) for like a few months once and was going along all "I'm immune to viruses bitch!" then spent 3 days getting rid of a rootkit. After that I uninstalled Norton and downloaded Avast ;)
They pull out the truncheon, that's when the trouble starts.

'Cause when you've got a badge, the laws don't apply.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Martyj wrote:Anyone who doesn't have a computer without good anti virus is asking for some serious pain imo.
I welcome viruses (but don't go out of my way to find them, I actually download things wisely and if I suspect a virus I upload it to symantec's site. It's only amusing when they trick me because I learn from it.)

I back up regularly, and enjoy the occasional challenge. When that doesn't work I just D-BAN my drive, I generally need a good cleaning by then anyhow. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: