Evolution is a blind watchmaker

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Evolution is a blind watchmaker

Post by dandymcgee »

MarauderIIC wrote:What natural hazard would kill a clock that has 12,000 hands and 4 gears?
Tsunami.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

i have questions to this thread and evolution in general.

obviously it would be better to not have to fuck to reproduce, so why is it that nearly every macro being needs to fuck to reproduce?
why do penguins not have wheels where their feet are, considering they have to walk 100's of miles, its not really like they walk graceful.
there are birds with off center beaks so they ca specifically get food out of acorns.. so i guess my question is,, how did they evolve to have those beaks, because it surly could not have taken millions of years. because they would have died from hunger before they could evolve.

and here is a very interesting question..

most animals are very similar in intelligence and understanding and so on.. why is it that we humans are the only species that have evolved so much more. i mean its not like we are a litte smarte/different. we are in evolutionary terms millions of years ahead of anything else. now why is that. i would give evolution a more serious thought if there were a steady gradient or spectrum of intelligence/life. but we are just so different and it does not fit with evolutionary theory,.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
kostiak2
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by kostiak2 »

All those questions were asked and answer in the theory.

I already see that no meter what I say, you won't be convinced, and I'm fine with that, I'm just gonna save the efforts..
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

avansc wrote:most animals are very similar in intelligence and understanding and so on.. why is it that we humans are the only species that have evolved so much more. i mean its not like we are a litte smarte/different. we are in evolutionary terms millions of years ahead of anything else. now why is that. i would give evolution a more serious thought if there were a steady gradient or spectrum of intelligence/life. but we are just so different and it does not fit with evolutionary theory,.
That situation is very similar to how America's Founding Fathers were such geniuses. If human culture continued on the same road as it appeared to be heading at that time, democracy and all of the great ideals that America was built on would have probably taken hundreds more years to finally get into the minds of someone with actual influence and the power to make those ideals a reality!

Just thought I'd put that out there. ;)
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

avansc wrote:i have questions to this thread and evolution in general.

obviously it would be better to not have to fuck to reproduce, so why is it that nearly every macro being needs to fuck to reproduce?
why do penguins not have wheels where their feet are, considering they have to walk 100's of miles, its not really like they walk graceful.
there are birds with off center beaks so they ca specifically get food out of acorns.. so i guess my question is,, how did they evolve to have those beaks, because it surly could not have taken millions of years. because they would have died from hunger before they could evolve.

and here is a very interesting question..

most animals are very similar in intelligence and understanding and so on.. why is it that we humans are the only species that have evolved so much more. i mean its not like we are a litte smarte/different. we are in evolutionary terms millions of years ahead of anything else. now why is that. i would give evolution a more serious thought if there were a steady gradient or spectrum of intelligence/life. but we are just so different and it does not fit with evolutionary theory,.
I think the birds beaks became that way because only birds with that beak survived and bread and their kids had those beaks as well... and that's how evolution works... if evolution is true (church boy)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

eatcomics wrote: I think the birds beaks became that way because only birds with that beak survived and bread and their kids had those beaks as well... and that's how evolution works... if evolution is true (church boy)
No. God made them that way. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Post by Ginto8 »

dandymcgee wrote:
eatcomics wrote: I think the birds beaks became that way because only birds with that beak survived and bread and their kids had those beaks as well... and that's how evolution works... if evolution is true (church boy)
No. God wrote the program that made them and everything else that way. ;) :lol:
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Ginto8 wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:
No. God wrote the program that made them and everything else that way. ;) :lol:
But according to avansc God IS a program. It's name is grep.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Then who is the program? XD
kostiak2
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by kostiak2 »

I can't convince you, but I dare you to chalange this guy: