The craziest advancement in videogames EVER!!!

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: The craziest advancement in videogames EVER!!!

Post by Falco Girgis »

NeonNinja♦ wrote:I really recommend getting Popular science. Its the craziest magazine ever. They were making some sort of suit that let you skydive from outer space :lol:
I don't get them anymore, but I will definitely agree. I could read that for hours, such an interesting magazine.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

dandymcgee wrote:Omfg, what?! What kinda G-Force would that be? How are they testing it, monkeys? If you didn't burn to a crisp it'd certainly be HOT!
Well, once you reach terminal velocity, G-forces don't increase, right? F=ma and all that. And friction, the thing that makes you catch on fire in the first place, is based on force, as well. So if you had a suit that made your terminal velocity lower... it'd be alright. Do humans not reach terminal velocity skydiving now? If they do, all you'd need is vacuum protection and more oxygen, you wouldn't have to worry about g-forces or heat caused by friction.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this assumes that you're dropped from somewhere near the earth, of course, since terminal velocity is dependent on air resistance d:
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

I forgot to mention that this assumes that you're dropped from somewhere near the earth, of course, since terminal velocity is dependent on air resistance d:
Lol, good point. That would also have to be taken into consideration. I suppose if they weren't close enough they wouldn't even be pulled towards Earth would they? I dunno how that works.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Imagine space as a sheet and put big balls on it. Heavier (more massive) balls make a steeper slope in the sheet (more gravity). If you manage to find a spot in the sheet that's completely level you're not pulled toward anything.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Levio91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Levio91 »

Has anyone ever been to an arcade where theres like a huge turret and you put your head in it and spin around and try to shoot all the soldiers and planes because they deal damage and if you last long enouhg you get to go to the next level? I think thats pretty realistic.
"Criticism is something you can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. " - Aristotle

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

Levio91 wrote:Has anyone ever been to an arcade where theres like a huge turret and you put your head in it and spin around and try to shoot all the soldiers and planes because they deal damage and if you last long enouhg you get to go to the next level? I think thats pretty realistic.
Ya, those are pretty tight. I still can't wait to sit back and watch people put these vests on though. I could sit there laughing for hours at all of them getting shocked.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

XianForce wrote:Ya, those are pretty tight. I still can't wait to sit back and watch people put these vests on though. I could sit there laughing for hours at all of them getting shocked.
Spectating... You're A Genius!
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

dandymcgee wrote:
XianForce wrote:Ya, those are pretty tight. I still can't wait to sit back and watch people put these vests on though. I could sit there laughing for hours at all of them getting shocked.

Please don't tell me I'm the first one that thought of that...

I don't want YOU GUYS to be the idiots I'm laughing at :lol:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

XianForce wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:

Please don't tell me I'm the first one that thought of that...

I don't want YOU GUYS to be the idiots I'm laughing at :lol:
Lol if I was with my friends I would do it for the attention and the chance to get my turn over with...
Aeolus
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Aeolus »

Yeah they have been developing things like this lately. So far they have a vest, Helm, gun (similar to the m16) that moves your view as you aim, and a treadmill thing that you have to force it to walk or run. But too bad they only released the crappy vest to the public. The rest is used in military use.
Hyde from That 70's Show wrote:Woman are like muffins... Once you have a muffin you will do anything to have another muffin... And they know that.