Assuming they exist, how would a "white" hole form

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Assuming they exist, how would a "white" hole form

Post by Falco Girgis »

Lemme give you some background info (since my neutron star -> black hole post wasn't finished). You have a SUPER massive star, an unstable and ubnormally massive neutron star, or a white dwarf that has some how accumulated enough mass to go further into a star cycle. These stellar objects collapse even farther.

If they're massive enough, the gravitational pull of such an object would be so powerful that even light could not escape.

Lemme tell you a bit more. It is possible to escape a black hole up to a certain point, called the "event horizon"--the gravitational pull is so strong that it'd require speeds faster than that of light to escape. No matter what you do, you'll never escape. You'll slowly fall to your death. How would you die? Okay, the farther in you move, the stronger the gravity. Eventually, you'll move so far that the gravitational pull on your feet (or whatever part of your body is closer) is so powerful that it could be up to 1000x times that of the pull on your head. You'll litterally be ripped apart.

This explanation of a black hole was very shallow. The point is not to focus on a black hole. The same equation that proves a black hole completely possible to exist in nature (don't ask me what that is) also proves a "white" hole possible.

That is, a reverse black hole. Something that could never be approached. It would require speeds faster than that of light to get there, so you'll never make it.

Okay, while I've allready explained all of this, I'll explain the connection with worm holes as well...

It is theororized that a black hole and a white hole are linked together by a tunnel ("or worm"). Some (very unrealistic thinkers) have thought that maybe one day in the distant future, we'll be able to hop into a black hole and get slurpled through time and space (seriously, if we could survive, that'd really happen) to some distant galaxy or universe.

Now that you know all about black, white, and worm holes. Let's discuss.

Be sure to hit these key points:
How could a "white" hole be formed?
Do you believe a worm hole could be possible?
What'd make you travel through time in a worm hole?

Interesting aren't these bastards? :!!!!:
Last edited by Falco Girgis on Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

I think a "white" hole would be a part of the black hole but on the opposite site of the hole. To see a white hole you would have to travel into the black hole. Maybe its a hole inside of another hole.
Or maybe the outerend of a black hole

I believe the worm hole technology can be harnessed, by using the black and some kind of machine to control it.

THEY WOULD DIE IF ANYONE TRAVELED INTO IT. Our bodies would need to be evolutionized a hundred folds to withstand the speed.
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I think I white hole is the end of a black hole, the reason it is white would be because of the mass amounts of light being sucked in by the black side and shot out at the white.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Thats what i said
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Do neither of you believe that a white hole can exist without a worm hole to a black hole in nature?
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Yeah only if there is no planets around to fuel the white hole
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

The Phantom wrote:Thats what i said
Wow I seriously skimmed over that. One of these days I'm gonna get shot. :gunpistols:
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Nah, I think you need a black hole to have a white one... actually I think black holes MUST have a white hole end. How else would a white hole be formed, Double implosion?
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Throw a house made completely of glass into a black hole, people on the other side would die.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

Probably not JS Lemmings

I think the black hole is without heat, so that would mean the white hole would have heat hotter than any other star in the "Mutiverse", many universes
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

Ok, if the black hole sucks light and all objects into it then where do they go?
do they get farted out of it? what happens if there is a black hole and you fly behind it. What happens?

does it suck you in?

Worm holes!

Well, if there was a worm hole connecting the holes together and it could go throughout space & time and we
Throw a house made completely of glass into a black hole, people on the other side would die.
then we could hit ourselves in the past & die causing us never to do that whuch would bring us back to life causing us to do that causing us to die & so on.
A glitch?
Don Pwnious
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Don Pwnious »

lol thats really confusing hyper shadow
1/8th time- 14secs
1/8th speed - 110mph
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

You can't time travel by going faster than light. The events dont change, only your distance ahead of the waves carrying the data (visible light). I don't see how taking a shortcut through space would send you through time.

Wormholes exist? Sure. Why not? Just sorta travel through another dimension that's above three, ie, where distance isn't measured the way we measure distance.

As for a white hole, it'd have to have negative mass to have negative gravity, wouldn't it? I can't see what would cause one to exist, unless it's stuff being sucked in through a black hole and pushed out in another point in space, ie, a whole lotta light is shoved out in such a concentrated beam that it pushes you away (think solar sail ship concept). Hmmm...
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

What if stars are really white holes???
A glitch?
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Super Sonic wrote: That is, a reverse black hole. Something that could never be approached. It would require speeds faster than that of light to get there, so you'll never make it.
Can you approach a star? Yes.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.