Lawsuit against "God" dismissed.

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

vargonian
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Re: Lawsuit against "God" dismissed.

Post by vargonian »

avansc wrote:anyone who says anyone should be able to sue anyone for anything is a retard.
Of course you can sue anyone for anything. It doesn't mean you'll have a legit case and it may be thrown out right away, but that's not stopping you (nor should it) from having the right to. There's a big difference between "suing" and "winning". But now we're just talking semantics.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by avansc »

vargonian wrote:
avansc wrote:anyone who says anyone should be able to sue anyone for anything is a retard.
Of course you can sue anyone for anything. It doesn't mean you'll have a legit case and it may be thrown out right away, but that's not stopping you (nor should it) from having the right to. There's a big difference between "suing" and "winning". But now we're just talking semantics.
I stand by my point. and in case you were wondering, yeah im calling you a retard. there is no justification for the financial waste frivolous law suits incur. no one should have the right to place a burden on fellow tax payers with frivolous law suits, not to mention the other implications such actions can have.

America is NOT a democracy, and should not be treated as one. i dont care if 90 percent of the people think that being able to sue anyone for anything is a RIGHT. It would just prove 90 percent of people are clueless. It is the governments duty to protect people from shit like this.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
vargonian
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by vargonian »

avansc wrote:
vargonian wrote:
I stand by my point. and in case you were wondering, yeah im calling you a retard. there is no justification for the financial waste frivolous law suits incur. no one should have the right to place a burden on fellow tax payers with frivolous law suits, not to mention the other implications such actions can have.

America is NOT a democracy, and should not be treated as one. i dont care if 90 percent of the people think that being able to sue anyone for anything is a RIGHT. It would just prove 90 percent of people are clueless. It is the governments duty to protect people from shit like this.
Yeah, and while we're at it, you know what? I think it's ridiculous that people should ever be able to sue police officers, senators, and frankly any government institution. What is their angle, anyway? What are they trying to prove by suing a police officer?

(Since you tend to miss it, that was sarcasm.)

The point is, it's irrelevant what you think is or isn't frivolous. You're not the one who makes that decision, and regardless of who decides, it's ultimately subjective. With our current system, if a judge doesn't like it, he can throw the case out right away. You could make the weak argument that it still costs taxpayers money to have a judge throw a case out, but this doesn't hold much weight, because even if we somehow "banned all lawsuits which avansc deems frivolous", someone would still have to be paid to perform the job of deciding that a given lawsuit was indeed frivolous.

Don't get me wrong, I share your knee-jerk simple-minded sentiment that stupid people shouldn't have rights, etc., but for better or worse, we live in a country where we often place our rights above our security. If you don't believe me, take a look at the 2nd Amendment, which, if I'm not mistaken, I've heard you strongly defend. And there sure are a lot of complete dumbasses who own guns.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Heh, if you knew everyone around you was carrying a gun, would you shoot anyone?