Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side?

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side?

Post by Falco Girgis »

This is more of a current event (I've been meaning to change this forum to current event also).

Read and discuss:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFrien ... -2,00.html
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

People are going to practice religion even if it does mean a worse society. They believe in God. It may sound arrogant, but religion shuts out many other theries to the religious. In a Christian's mind, religion automatically proves everything non-religious to be wrong.

Also, the theory of evoulution is stupid. If humans evolved from apes, then why are there still apes? Scientists need to start using common sense.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

You ever thought that there are other religions? Yeah, I find christians both arrogant and unaccepting. No, they don't believe in god. The whole American society is not Christian. You Christians either 1) make people feel bad so they pretend to be christian 2) like me, you don't tell people that you aren't a christian because you'll get the OMFG YOU WILL GO TO HELL U DIRTY SINNER!~!~!1111``1111 treatment.

I think America is a hypocracy. We really don't have separation of church and state. I mean, think about something. People who want to take "under god" out of the pledge have every right to. Right now, the land of the free where you have "religous acceptance" is promoting christianity with "under god."

The argument is not to put UNDER BUDDHA or UNDER SATAN in the pledge, it is just to take it out. That's not anything unfair. All they want is equality, they aren't moving the seesaw in the direction of any other religion.

But no, Americans as the selfish and biased pricks they are think those kinds of people are "terrible" and "sinners." Do you guys ever stop and think about this kind of stuff? Maybe not everybody is willing to believe in the christian god because there is no concrete proof other than a multi-century old book that contradicts itself in many places?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I can't take a book seriously that has all of these contradictions:
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/ ... ood_to_all
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Seriously Gyrovorbis, I'm sick of you constantly posting stereotypical crap about Christians. You don't see me saying crap about you and your beliefs, Mr. Courtesy.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Okay, fine, generally. My bad. You know what I mean.

You know it's true too. Tell me you wouldn't mind "under god" being taken out of the pledge.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

I think that anyone who is so upset about "under God" being in the Pledge is an idiot.
If you aren't Christian then don't say that part. If you're going to take religious things out of school then you have to take all of the Christian people out of schools too.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Oh I do agree. I think it's stupid that people actually take something like that offensive, personally.

While I really think that's just being overly bitchy, I also resent the fact that some people think those who wish to see "under god" removed are dirty, sinners, bad, etc. It's their right.

Though you'd have to be a whiny little bitch to demand something like that be removed.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I just wanted to clarify that I'm not hatin' on christianity. It's christians that can bother me.

That's also why I'm agnostic rather than atheist.

I can't prove that there is a god, and I can't prove that there isn't (or anything else against the bible).

Unsure.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I half-arce the pledge as it is and you trully don't have to say it, so I say it doesn't matter what goes on or is said in it. I personally think "under God" was a nice touch though.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Eh, who the fuck cares. I'd rather have a happy society than technologically superior. I dunno if you got this speech, but Mr. White, at the beginning of Chem I, gave everyone in the class on how to succeed and become a millionaire. It was a foolproof plan, he proved it WOULD work. But it's no way to live your life.
There is no signature.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Well, what if we sold that master plan to idiots and made them give us 20% of their profits? We could live a happy life and get free money in the process. Who's with me?
1st_Movement
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by 1st_Movement »

i dont see why people have to freak out over "under God"...it was written under a different branch of christianity (supposedly) where god simply made everything and then left...

you dont even have to say the pledge anyways. so why must people complain as if they do?

people who say they are Christians, and then dont act like it probably arent really christians...thats probably the biggest problem christians have: authenticity.
want a cookie?

i love to write. if you love to read, PM me. :)
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Religion is starting to get really fucked up in today's society. Who gives a crap if the pledge has the owrds "under God" in it? Big deal. Another thing is how they're debating about public prayer in football games in Texas. Hey, if you aren't christian, don't pray! Nobody thinks anymore. They just jump to conclusions. They think that because the words "Under God" are in the pledge, they have to start a national debate over whether to keep it in or not. It's fucking stupid.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

I'm an agnostic and I agree.

Sounds bad, but I still wouldn't care if it said "one nation under satan." They can add something to a phrase, but that doesn't mean anything...

Just say "One nation, Fuck satan..."

Okay fine... that makes no sense. I'm just excited for PSO.