Dinosaurs

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Do you think scientists will be able to bring the dinosaurs back to life?

yes
No votes
no
75%
I'm not sure.
25%

Total votes: 4

singularity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by singularity »

It's all just a matter of time....one single brush of a germ off of a leaf...could change the course of history and time itself forever....but hey....at least you get some good breakfast eggs, right!
I'd go back in time to the time when my mom and dad are 'doing it' to have me and spank my dad in the ass while saying, " *DOOSH* I'm your son from the future! *maniacal laughter*. *DOOSH* I'm from the future! I'm your son! *maniacal laughter*."

-Dane Cook
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

The odds that changing something that small would create massive changes in the future is very low. Things are too random for that to happen.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
singularity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by singularity »

The odds that changing something that small would create massive changes in the future is very low. Things are too random for that to happen.
I know...but I like to make people think and actually do something with their life.....that's a lie...

All I'm saying is...it could have some changes....I, too, doubt it would mean massive changes. But the fact that you're gonna go back 5000 years before dinosaurs were extinct....well...would guns really help at that point? You're gonna need a lot of ammo for that one...believe it or not...but that probably wouldn't be a video game like atmosphere.

Plus...you'd probably have a really hard time obtaining the eggs...unless you somehow manage to kill the parents while they're watching over them...and by then you'd probably know whether or not the dino in the egg is a carnivore or not...

I don't know...I probably wouldn't want to go back to the dino era...just doesn't interest me....I'd probably go to the end of the world and laugh at everyone while I tell them I can go back in time with my time machine and I won't bring them with me.
I'd go back in time to the time when my mom and dad are 'doing it' to have me and spank my dad in the ass while saying, " *DOOSH* I'm your son from the future! *maniacal laughter*. *DOOSH* I'm from the future! I'm your son! *maniacal laughter*."

-Dane Cook
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Or maybe it could help the world with the eggs and going back in time when theuy hatch they could help carry heavy stuff or something like that and we could train them and also we could bring ancient extinct plants that could cure diseases.Also with the time machine I would send an army back in time and help in world war 2 and I would try to get Adolf Hitler arrested and captured before he kills himself so then he would suffer.
singularity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by singularity »

[quote=Hitlerhater]Or maybe it could help the world with the eggs and going back in time when theuy hatch they could help carry heavy stuff or something like that and we could train them and also we could bring ancient extinct plants that could cure diseases.Also with the time machine I would send an army back in time and help in world war 2 and I would try to get Adolf Hitler arrested and captured before he kills himself so then he would suffer.[/quote]

True...but then it would be that Adolf Hitler wouldn't have killed himself and he really would have been arrested...then in the future you wouldn't have been prompted to bring back an army to make sure Hitler didn't kill himself...thus forth creating a paradox and quite possibly the end of the world.....or Krispy Kreme Donuts...not really sure how that one would go...

-Dane Cook
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Uhhh...How could that end the world?????????I don't mean to be an ass I just want to know how it can.Also it sounds more like saving the world because you find multible cures with the ancient plants that we could grow and also the army made the war esier to win and the army brings more advanced technoligy and the president asks how we got the weapons. Also we teach the scientists how to make the 20th centary technoligy Adolf Hitlar gets tortured for what he did, and also we would have technoligy the about 70 years aheads today.
singularity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by singularity »

Yeah...I was joking about the end of the world stuff. But if you send an army to stop him from committing suicide...then you would never have learned that Hitler had committed suicide, therefore you wouldn't have the notion to send an army back in time to stop him. Therefore because you didn't send an army...Hitler still commits suicide...it just turns out to be one endless cycle.

-Dane Cook
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

About these paradoxs. I almost have a mind to say they are impossible. I mean, they wouldn't occur if you really think about it. If you go back in time and keep Hitler alive... then you went back in time and kept him alive. It's not like time has error handling capabilities. It just keeps going, no matter what's going on. So... I don't know, it depends on how time behaves, which I think is relative. Does time even exist? A hard question.
singularity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by singularity »

OOOh! Now we're thinking with our noodle! Good question... :mrgreen:

-Dane Cook
Catalyst
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by Catalyst »

Time exists only as a system of measurement.
No.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I've been thinking a lot about this time deal.
Catalyst wrote:Time exists only as a system of measurement.
Completely agree. And if true, a time machine is simply impossible.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Arce wrote:Marx, do you ever wonder why people die? If the president dies, like JFK, don't you wonder why we don't just resurrect him?

Because it's impossible. It's the same principal with none-human organisms. Yes, I will answer your poll, since you asked so nicely.
Nothing's impossible. Also, back up your claims.
There is no signature.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

What would you guys do if you had time machine that can take you to the past and the future?
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Go back to 1600's England and make fun of them for being British.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
singularity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by singularity »

I'd go back to the time when my mom and dad are 'doing it' to have me and spank my dad in the ass while saying, " *DOOSH* I'm your son from the future! *maniacal laughter*. *DOOSH* I'm from the future! I'm your son! *maniacal laughter*."

-Dane Cook

-Dane Cook