Black Holes

Pertaining to any discovery, principle, or aspect of science and/or technology. Open debates and discussions are welcome. Also now dealing with any happening in the news.

Moderator: Geeks United

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Black Holes

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I have been hearing that if you get sucked in a black hole you will be in another galaxey.But I think you would be crushed in to atams and instantly die, but...... I don't know what would happen what do any of you think?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

No one would know. Your velocity would be so great that you would slam into an object in space within an instant of leaving the hole (if it even goes anywhere). That is, if you could even survive the trip toward the hole. Some say anti-matter will do the trick but I say Bah!
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Do you think any scientists would try to make a probe that has a camera made out of very hard steal and have the camera go into the black hole and have it take pictures of what's inside of it in the future?
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Here's the deal--a black hole is made up of two parts that we know of, only one that we can see. The outer rim, where time, space, light, EVERYTHING gets warped, and the singularity which is where the gravity is so great that not even light escapes (thus, we can't see it). The singularity is less than an atom thick, and goes on longer than we know. There's a theory that at the end of every black hole is a white hole, where all the things that get sucked into the black hole get spewed back out again atom by atom, but that's only because of conservation of energy (E=MC^2), meaning no energy can be created or destroyed (though there's been certain theories this is incorrect).

There's a lot more to it, but that's basically all your average laymen would get.
There is no signature.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I heard a black hole and a white hole make a worm hole and that if you go through it you will go into the future or in the past I can't remember.Which means if a person sends a camera through it and doesn't get crushed then the camera will eather see the past or future of space.That would be awsome but, it's impossible.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Well...it's weird. When you start going the speed of light, time slows down, and if you reach it time stops. Mass, however, also increases as you approach the speed of light. Exponentially. So that's why travelling the speed of light is impossible--your mass would be INFINITE. So therefore, you'd be in the future, but you won't have aged as much as anything else because you've been travelling the speed of light (or close to it). Read Ender's Game. Great book, explains some of this.
There is no signature.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Dj yoshi do you know why a white hole is white and why a black hole is black?Also if you saw a black hole I'm pretty sure it would be kinda hard to see because space is dark.Also I heard a white hole is some star I think I'm not quit sure.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

White holes aren't white, and black holes aren't black neccesarily. The only thing is we can't see black holes, it's just a name we've given them. White holes are, like I said, SUPPOSEDLY the end of a black hole (they could not even exist) which would spout out all the crap the black hole sucked in one atom at a time, which would make them appear white, thus the term 'white' hole.

And you're thinking of a White Dwarf, which is the remains of a star gone Supernova which then collapsed in on itself (it's super dense, emits almost no heat, and has a LOT of mass/gravity.)
There is no signature.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

ohhh that's why! Thanks Dj Yoshi.