Weekly elysian shadows video updates

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Weekly elysian shadows video updates

Postby Imrooniel on Fri May 01, 2015 9:13 am

Hey folks, I continue nurishing my streaming boner, this time I came up with ES podcast. Shit will be live every week, VODs on youtube ES channel, we'll be talking about what we've been up to and be as transparent as possible without getting naked (because it's against twitch rules).

More info here: https://twitter.com/imrooniel/status/594126052693319681
Imrooniel
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Re: Weekly elysian shadows video updates

Postby bbguimaraes on Fri May 01, 2015 10:55 am

That is the best f***ing idea in history. Out of curiosity, who is going to be handling the audio/video infrastructure?

Also, that's a pretty creepy photograph you have there.
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby Imrooniel on Fri May 01, 2015 4:45 pm

Me. I was already streaming on twitch quite a lot so I have all the workflow in. Streaming via OBS, voice and and audio pooled through skype. Can easily stream 1080p 60fps, but will most likely be 720p 30fps because while I don't drop frames, a lot of people are reporting troubles with watching (my guess is either twitch assigns the stream low priority because of the low viewership or people have mediocre internet)

Also thanks for the compliment :D
Imrooniel
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby eatcomics on Sat May 02, 2015 12:27 pm

Imrooniel wrote:Me. I was already streaming on twitch quite a lot so I have all the workflow in. Streaming via OBS, voice and and audio pooled through skype. Can easily stream 1080p 60fps, but will most likely be 720p 30fps because while I don't drop frames, a lot of people are reporting troubles with watching (my guess is either twitch assigns the stream low priority because of the low viewership or people have mediocre internet)

Twitch definitely assigns low priority to lower viewed videos. It's really annoying too. If you're watching a stream of whatever game is hot 1080p is smooth as silk. Then you go to watch someone stream LoZ OoT and suddenly you can't even get 720p to load without it pausing every ten seconds.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby dandymcgee on Sun May 03, 2015 8:25 pm

eatcomics wrote:
Imrooniel wrote:Me. I was already streaming on twitch quite a lot so I have all the workflow in. Streaming via OBS, voice and and audio pooled through skype. Can easily stream 1080p 60fps, but will most likely be 720p 30fps because while I don't drop frames, a lot of people are reporting troubles with watching (my guess is either twitch assigns the stream low priority because of the low viewership or people have mediocre internet)

Twitch definitely assigns low priority to lower viewed videos. It's really annoying too. If you're watching a stream of whatever game is hot 1080p is smooth as silk. Then you go to watch someone stream LoZ OoT and suddenly you can't even get 720p to load without it pausing every ten seconds.

I doubt they do. It's probably a coincidence. Less viewers = less dedicated streamer = less technical equipment, cheap or free streaming software, and a shitty internet connection. The popular streamers have decked out PCs with expensive commercial streaming software, sound studio mics, and 100 Mbit internet connections. Many of them also live in or near CA, where Twitch headquarters are.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Imrooniel on Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm

Hey there, just a head's up: the VODs from this monday's ES podcast won't be available, because it wasn't particularly good or enlightening. Neither Falco or Tyler showed up so it ended up being only Patryk trying to fumble his way through, ultimately just doing level design for an hour. Let's consider this test run ep0, the next week will be the real deal!
Imrooniel
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby Imrooniel on Mon May 18, 2015 3:07 pm

said fuck it and uploaded all the audio to https://soundcloud.com/patryk-kowalik-3
Imrooniel
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Return to Community News