Adventures in Game Development Chapter 26

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Adventures in Game Development Chapter 26

Postby Falco Girgis on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:52 am

Description wrote:We're back! Been spending all of our time and energy working on content for our Kickstarter. We're continuing work on the battle system and are fleshing our more mechanics for the ruins, including survival horror-influenced gameplay. We have also moved the engine over the OUYA and are looking forward to supporting the console and being involved in the community.

We've decided to move to a much shorter format with much more frequent video updates in an attempt to provide you with regular content. Don't forget, our Kickstarter campaign will be launching on August 1st!

Website (subscribe to our newsletter!):
http://www.elysianshadows.com
Facebook (like!):
http://www.facebook.com/elysianshadows
Twitter (follow!):
http://www.twitter.com/elysian_shadows
Google+ (+1!):
https://plus.google.com/+Elysianshadows
Reddit (subscribe!):
http://www.reddit.com/r/elysianshadows

In it, we introduced the OUYA build of ES. We are being backed by OUYA as a "Free the Games Kickstarter." The first six months after launch, ES will be on Sega Dreamcast, OUYA, Windows, Mac, and Linux. We're really grateful to them for being cool with promoting us as an OUYA-exclusive and still allowing us to dual-launch on the Dreamcast.
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Re: Adventures in Game Development Chapter 26

Postby ElpidaHope on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:56 am

Things are looking good! The 3D is getting better (can't wait to see the boss in 3D actually) and I especially love the dark atmosphere and how you work on the environment.
I'll do my best with learning too so that I can keep up with you guys sooner or later ;)
GO GO GO!
ElpidaHope
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby eatcomics on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:54 pm

Gah, I have to get off work, drive an hour, pick someone up, and then drive an hour back before I can watch it.

The mouth foaming begins.

But the episode aside, I see you guys are going full time! Huge congrats on that! I'm pretty sure everyone on this board shares the same dream. You guys continue to be an inspiration, and wow the shit out of us. Don't let these episodes stop ;)
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby bbguimaraes on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Hey guys. Just finished watching the lost chapter and did a little jam with the song on the video. Hope you don't mind. Maybe a theme if there is a blues/jazz club at some point in the story... ;)

bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby superLED on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:58 pm

bbguimaraes wrote:Hey guys. Just finished watching the lost chapter and did a little jam with the song on the video. Hope you don't mind. Maybe a theme if there is a blues/jazz club at some point in the story... ;)

Very beautiful!
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby RyanPridgeon on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:40 pm

bbguimaraes wrote:Hey guys. Just finished watching the lost chapter and did a little jam with the song on the video. Hope you don't mind. Maybe a theme if there is a blues/jazz club at some point in the story... ;)

This totally needs to be in the game IMO!! Wicked stuff
Ryan Pridgeon
C, C++, C#, Java, ActionScript 3, HaXe, PHP, VB.Net, Pascal
Music | Blog
RyanPridgeon
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Postby Falco Girgis on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:41 am

RyanPridgeon wrote:

This totally needs to be in the game IMO!! Wicked stuff
Holy SHIT! I'm sorry for not seeing this earlier! Liked, favorited, subscribed, shared on Facebook, Twitter, and G+! Great job, man. I LOVE it! :worship:
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby bbguimaraes on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:04 am

Wow guys, thanks so much for the replies! I never expected to get such positive responses, it was just a quick recording on a Sunday afternoon. You feedback was mind-blowing! I'll see if I can make a better recording this weekend, with proper audio (as in "not my cellphone's microphone") maybe throw in some bass and drums.

Thanks a lot!
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby superLED on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:38 am

I'm just gonna leave this here...

superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby bbguimaraes on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:27 am

hahahahahahahah

Or "what language is your game programmed in?" or "what IDE do you use?".
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby dandymcgee on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:30 pm

superLED wrote:I'm just gonna leave this here...

That would indeed be a rather pointless question since it's been answered literally dozens of times on the forums, in AiGD, on Facebook, and during the live streams.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby superLED on Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:14 pm

dandymcgee wrote:

That would indeed be a rather pointless question since it's been answered literally dozens of times on the forums, in AiGD, on Facebook, and during the live streams.

Yes, and that was the whole point of the joke. People keep asking the same stupid questions all the time, like "Where is Peter?", like that's the most important stuff going on in game development.
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby dandymcgee on Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:30 pm

superLED wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:

Yes, and that was the whole point of the joke. People keep asking the same stupid questions all the time, like "Where is Peter?", like that's the most important stuff going on in game development.

Aye, but I had to answer it since you mentioned it as undoubtedly someone will search these forums for "Peter" and end up here. :P
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Return to Community News