Adventures in Game Development Chapter 23

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Re: Adventures in Game Development Chapter 23

Postby Falco Girgis on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:47 pm

Our web master is onboard. Congratulations on being a badass!
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby ph0sph0ruz on Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Falco Girgis wrote:Our web master is onboard. Congratulations on being a badass!

Sweet! I hope that makes up for figuring out what you guys were doing with the light on the wall. :D
ph0sph0ruz
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby grantmoore3d on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:37 am

Hey, Hextraction dev here. I noticed in our web-tracking logs that a link was posted on here and just wanted to share a quick tid-bit about our countdown webpage to help out.

The epic countdown webpage looks awesome and we thought it was a great idea (link to the template below) but the biggest problem with it was a distinct lack of interesting content. According to our analytics almost everyone who found their way to http://www.hextraction.com ended up spending about 10 seconds on it before closing. No one was signing up for our mailing list or clicking on our social media links. So effectively, we were not capturing any future interest and just now I've changed it to point to our company's website with some more interesting media. If you do implement a count-down, I would HIGHLY suggest having a video, art, concept art, etc... just something visually interesting to keep someone's interest long enough to get them signed up for a mailing list or social media page. You want to be able to engage with them in the future.

Another thing we're experimenting with is a Thunderclap Campaign, where if you hit your goal it will automatically Tweet, Share or Tumble on the day you specify a link to whatever you want. We've set up this one to send out a link which will be forwarded to our Kickstarter campaign when it launches. If you're planning to do the same, I'd highly suggest checking it out (also, if you don't mind, lend some support to ours).

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/101 ... ?locale=en

I'll check back in this thread in a couple days if you've got any questions, just thought I'd share my two cents! :)

Countdown Template, if interested:

http://themeforest.net/item/intime-resp ... te/6623462
grantmoore3d
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby dandymcgee on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Hey grant! Thanks so much for taking the effort to join the forums to give us such great insight on how it's working out for you, it really is most appreciated. Your project looks awesome by the way.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Falco Girgis on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:52 am

Oh wow, thank you so much for sharing that gem of wisdom with us... I'm the lead software engineer on the ES project, and we are also prepping for an all-out Kickstarter campaign, so this is extremely useful information.

Consider our team fans now! ES is following you guys on your social networking sites.

The game looks amazing, btw. We will contribute to a Kickstarter.
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Previous

Return to Community News