Elysian Shadows Live Stream Topic

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Elysian Shadows Live Stream Topic

Postby Falco Girgis on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:27 pm

I don't want to have to spam the news with a new post every time we do a live stream, so this will be the topic for announcements, dates, discussion, suggestions, and bitching.

No, we aren't ready to schedule stream #3 yet, but we already know everything we would like to have done and ready to demo for you guys. It's just a matter of getting the fuck to work at this point.

Now that you have seen a couple of the live streams and know the general direction we are attempting to take them, are there any suggestions, questions, or complaints about the new format? Yes, I am going to see about getting better cameras. The video quality isn't going to be amazing, because that's the nature of G+ Hangouts, but I think I can do better than my Macbook Pro's built-in webcam...

Are there any specific things you would like to see more or less of? We want to keep the streams better-balanced among the team and have updates on all avenues: art, music, gameplay, programming. We want to involve the entire team in the streams, whereas it was only ever practical to involve the local team members for the Adventures in Game Development (hence the emphasis on programming).

No, the live streams aren't replacing The Adventures in Game Development, so don't bother asking. They are a way for us to update our fanbase with consistency and regularity and an avenue for us to allow you guys to participate in the development of Elysian Shadows. Please bear this goal in mind before we let the bitching begin. :mrgreen:
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Re: Elysian Shadows Live Stream Topic

Postby mattheweston on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:15 pm

I think the round table type format is great. It would be nice when you hit a big milestone such as the release of ESTK 1.5.1( or is it 1.5.2 now?) to talk about each individual's contribution.
mattheweston
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Elysian Shadows Live Stream Topic

Postby Falco Girgis on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:26 pm

mattheweston wrote:I think the round table type format is great. It would be nice when you hit a big milestone such as the release of ESTK 1.5.1( or is it 1.5.2 now?) to talk about each individual's contribution.
We're at 1.5.3.SA. And yeah, the plan is to hit 1.5.4 for everything (ESTk, ESGamma, and libGyro) before the third livestream.

I definitely agree, though. Internal software releases are a perfect milestone to pushes us to get shit done and also simultaneously gives us something to demo. I would also like to create a blog/article post on the site discussing what's new in every system release to coincide with the live stream.
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Return to Community News