First Ever Elysian Shadows Live Stream!

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

First Ever Elysian Shadows Live Stream!

Postby Falco Girgis on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Did you think we would spend the holidays drunk? Well, you were right...

But that doesn't mean we weren't coding! We will be broadcasting our first ever LIVE Elysian Shadows Dev Team meeting over our Youtube channel on Saturday, the 29th at 6PM EST. We will be demoing all of the development that has happened since AiGD Chapter 20, and we look forward to interacting with our fans. Hopefully this will be a new avenue for us to stream regular updates!
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Re: First Ever Elysian Shadows Live Stream!

Postby DistortedLance on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:10 pm

Soooooo exciting :D Been waiting for this to happen for like...half a week. How long do you guys plan on streaming?
DistortedLance
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby Falco Girgis on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:46 pm

DistortedLance wrote:Soooooo exciting :D Been waiting for this to happen for like...half a week. How long do you guys plan on streaming?
No set duration of time. Given the sheer amount of shit we have to show off, the introductions, the fan Q&A and all that shit we plan on having, I would probably think this could be a couple of hours long easily.

Of course once we start doing this regularly (assuming this works out), they will become much shorter. We don't know what we're doing just yet. It's an experiment for all of us. ;)
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby eatcomics on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:11 pm

Falco Girgis wrote:
DistortedLance wrote:Soooooo exciting :D Been waiting for this to happen for like...half a week. How long do you guys plan on streaming?
No set duration of time. Given the sheer amount of shit we have to show off, the introductions, the fan Q&A and all that shit we plan on having, I would probably think this could be a couple of hours long easily.

Of course once we start doing this regularly (assuming this works out), they will become much shorter. We don't know what we're doing just yet. It's an experiment for all of us. ;)

I hope you will be uploading this to youtube afterwards, I will be partying so I don't think I will be attending.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby dandymcgee on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:43 pm

eatcomics wrote:I hope you will be uploading this to youtube afterwards, I will be partying so I don't think I will be attending.

We're live streaming it directly to youtube if all goes well. We'll see how well G+ groups really work.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby DistortedLance on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

By that, do you mean you guys are using the Youtube streaming service, or you'll be streaming it on, say, Twitch and uploading it to Youtube via the automatic upload option? I would highly recommend the latter if you don't already have everything set in stone since the on-site Youtube streaming isn't exactly of the most stellar quality.
DistortedLance
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby Falco Girgis on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 pm

We're going to try it over Youtube. From what I saw, the quality looked pretty decent.

The entire point of this was so that we can find an easy way to be able to "pop on Youtube" on the weekends or something, show you guys what we have been working on, get dynamic feedback, and have it automatically uploaded as content on our channel for us... We're looking for an easy button, so we can spend less time making these damn videos and more time devving. :mrgreen:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby MarauderIIC on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:10 pm

I thought it went rather well for the part I was able to attend for (glad I managed to show up!). Now I just need me sum webcam.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Postby bbguimaraes on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm

That was a really nice video. Not as fun as the AIGD videos, but still nice. How about making another a contest like that one for the HD camera to raise funds for new videos? I just hope your new houses aren't as tall as the old one...
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby dandymcgee on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:41 pm

bbguimaraes wrote:That was a really nice video. Not as fun as the AIGD videos, but still nice. How about making another a contest like that one for the HD camera to raise funds for new videos? I just hope your new houses aren't as tall as the old one...

Funds isn't the problem with making videos, it's the huge time commitment involved in filming then editing all the pieces into a coherent sequence of events.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby MarauderIIC on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:59 pm

dandymcgee wrote:
bbguimaraes wrote:That was a really nice video. Not as fun as the AIGD videos, but still nice. How about making another a contest like that one for the HD camera to raise funds for new videos? I just hope your new houses aren't as tall as the old one...

Funds isn't the problem with making videos, it's the huge time commitment involved in filming then editing all the pieces into a coherent sequence of events.

He's probably referring to the brief discussion about hiring somebody to do it (funds)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Postby dandymcgee on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:42 pm

MarauderIIC wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:

He's probably referring to the brief discussion about hiring somebody to do it (funds)

Ah, that would make sense I suppose. ;)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby YourNerdyJoe on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:21 pm

bbguimaraes wrote:I just hope your new houses aren't as tall as the old one...

If they're not we could always find somewhere else for Falco to jump from
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtvDA0W34I :)
YourNerdyJoe
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Postby Falco Girgis on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:46 pm

YourNerdyJoe wrote:

:shock:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby bbguimaraes on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:26 am

YourNerdyJoe wrote:

That was absolutely hilarious. I knew the story, but you just got me on that one. :lol:
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Next

Return to Community News