Elysian Shadows on the OUYA

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Re: Elysian Shadows on the OUYA

Postby dandymcgee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Who the hell wants controllers that run on AA batteries? If they don't change it before mass production that alone will ruin the product.

Apple remains the only company whose wireless electronics I can stand to use from a pure battery life standpoint.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby EddieRingle on Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:59 pm

dandymcgee wrote:Who the hell wants controllers that run on AA batteries? If they don't change it before mass production that alone will ruin the product.

Convenience?

All batteries will fail at some point (including the ones hardwired into smartphones nowadays), so in the long term it is better that they are replaceable rather than having to replace the unit they were powering. Not to mention, I don't want to wait for a controller to charge when I want to play a game, so just being able to pop new batteries in is always a plus.
EddieRingle
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Postby dandymcgee on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:12 pm

EddieRingle wrote:Convenience?

All batteries will fail at some point (including the ones hardwired into smartphones nowadays), so in the long term it is better that they are replaceable rather than having to replace the unit they were powering. Not to mention, I don't want to wait for a controller to charge when I want to play a game, so just being able to pop new batteries in is always a plus.

Replacing batteries every few days is neither convenient nor cheap. I'd much rather have a decent length wire that I plug into the console.

Also, I'd rather my cell phone have a battery that I charge every night than AA's that I replace 15 times a day (assuming it was even possible to run a modern cell phone on AA's, which it's not). By the time that battery dies it's long past time to upgrade my phone.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby TheBuzzSaw on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:04 pm

For the love, PLEASE post video of booting it up on the TV. I've seen too many unboxing videos but not a single test run video.
TheBuzzSaw
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby EddieRingle on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:28 pm

TheBuzzSaw wrote:For the love, PLEASE post video of booting it up on the TV. I've seen too many unboxing videos but not a single test run video.

Sure thing.
EddieRingle
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Postby LeonBlade on Sat May 25, 2013 10:37 pm

I'd love to support ES in getting an OUYA. I backed the project and I should be getting it shipped soon.
There's no place like ~/
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Previous

Return to Community News