New Website Launch and Forum Look

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Re: New Website Launch and Forum Look

Postby Byte on Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 pm

I'm really enjoying the new site theme, it looks very professional. Great job! :lol:
Byte
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby Trask on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:57 am

Things definitely have that professional polish, the forums look really nice. I haven't had a chance to go through the website aside from the day it was first opened, but from what I recall it all looks great.

Awesome job guys, look forward to future content. Has there been any behind the scene design changes to the website that will enable future features such as tutorials, code/design samples, and what not? I get the feeling we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg and I'm curious what the next steps are for the site.

Again, great work. My only constructive criticism would be the 'Last topic' thing that has been mentioned numerous times. I know they're at the bottom, but it feels disjointed and silly that one should have to ignore the entire forum just to see that topic listing. So here's hoping that can/may be fixed.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.

Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!

Martin Golding wrote:"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby THe Floating Brain on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:59 pm

I just want to say the website looks great, good job guys!

Arce wrote:give a big round of applause for Dan, Jarrod and James!

Applause given!
"Why did we say we were going to say we were going to change the world tomorrow yesterday? Maybe you can." - Myself

ImageImage
THe Floating Brain
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby dandymcgee on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Trask wrote:Awesome job guys, look forward to future content. Has there been any behind the scene design changes to the website that will enable future features such as tutorials, code/design samples, and what not? I get the feeling we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg and I'm curious what the next steps are for the site.

Behind the scenes we've migrated to Joomla which will allow us to post and manage content much more efficiently than the we could on the old site.

The tip of the iceberg indeed, my friend. Working on new content as we speak. ;)
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Nokurn on Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:27 am

dandymcgee wrote:
Trask wrote:Awesome job guys, look forward to future content. Has there been any behind the scene design changes to the website that will enable future features such as tutorials, code/design samples, and what not? I get the feeling we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg and I'm curious what the next steps are for the site.

Behind the scenes we've migrated to Joomla which will allow us to post and manage content much more efficiently than the we could on the old site.

The tip of the iceberg indeed, my friend. Working on new content as we speak. ;)

Speaking of new content, what's happening with the one-video-a-month plan? ;)
Nokurn
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Postby dandymcgee on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Nokurn wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:

Speaking of new content, what's happening with the one-video-a-month plan? ;)

Well considering that two of our friends and team members have recently decided to go their own way, the one video a month goal may not hold. James and Jarrod are no longer working on the project, by their own accord. Nevertheless, videos have always and will continue to be recorded and uploaded at Falco's discretion, so if he feels like releasing something every month then so be it. The website, however, is under my control and you will most certainly be seeing updates on that front. If you don't, post here telling me to get my priorities straight and stop doing schoolwork in favor of ES progress. :lol:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby bbguimaraes on Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:29 am

dandymcgee wrote:James and Jarrod are no longer working on the project, by their own accord.

That's sad to hear. Well, good look for them (and for you too). Hope to hear from you guys soon.

By the way, do you use your g+ account? The last post was in April!
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby dandymcgee on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:49 pm

bbguimaraes wrote:
dandymcgee wrote:James and Jarrod are no longer working on the project, by their own accord.

That's sad to hear. Well, good look for them (and for you too). Hope to hear from you guys soon.

By the way, do you use your g+ account? The last post was in April!

No, I created it to check it out and haven't used it since. I don't recall ever posting anything.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Falco Girgis on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm not sure if we're talking about the Team G+ Page or Dandy's personal account here...
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby dandymcgee on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Falco Girgis wrote:I'm not sure if we're talking about the Team G+ Page or Dandy's personal account here...

Both of them have the most recent post in April.. lol. I didn't even think of that.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby bbguimaraes on Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Falco Girgis wrote:I'm not sure if we're talking about the Team G+ Page or Dandy's personal account here...

Team. Not that I'm a regular g+ user, it's just that I stumbled upon it a couple of days ago. Then I saw there is a button on the top right corner of the forum site.
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby RyanPridgeon on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:30 pm

Sweet jesus, it's so trendy in here. I wanna lick it.

Seriously though, awesome fucking job. This is probably the best looking forum I've ever been on :shock:
Ryan Pridgeon
C, C++, C#, Java, ActionScript 3, HaXe, PHP, VB.Net, Pascal
Music | Blog
RyanPridgeon
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Postby Falco Girgis on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Save the praises for the actual content. We hope to earn some of it starting this weekend. It's finally time to make quite a bit of the top secret private development shit public...
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby superLED on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Falco Girgis wrote:Save the praises for the actual content. We hope to earn some of it starting this weekend. It's finally time to make quite a bit of the top secret private development shit public...

Yaaay! I looked forward to that almost even more than the new episodes. I've waited for a long, long time.

Oh God, I'm happy now!
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby dandymcgee on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Falco Girgis wrote:Save the praises for the actual content. We hope to earn some of it starting this weekend. It's finally time to make quite a bit of the top secret private development shit public...

Stop promising them content and chat me on GTalk so we can release this shit you trendy mothafucka..

Save the public affairs hat for next week, when you'll more inquiries than your mail server can handle.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

PreviousNext

Return to Community News