Humble Indie Bundle V - One Day Left

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Humble Indie Bundle V - One Day Left

Postby dandymcgee on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:16 pm

http://www.humblebundle.com/
SuperBrothers: Sword & Sorcery EP
LIMBO
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Psychonauts
Bastion
Lone Survivor
Braid
Super Meat Boy

Over 560,000 bundles sold to date, over $4.7 million dollars raised! That is absolutely insane.

Humble Indie Bundle must be one of the greatest things ever conceived.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Humble Indie Bundle V - One Day Left

Postby Trask on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Full agree and this bundle in particular is beyond amazing... I got it before they added Braid and Super Meat Boy, now it's even better. If you like gaming and you don't get this... something is terribly wrong with you.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.

Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!

Martin Golding wrote:"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby dandymcgee on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Just played Psychonauts for a few hours, it's is a ridiculous amount of fun. I hope to find time to play more of it soon.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Trask on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:04 pm

I busted open Braid for the very first time... my mind it not quite up to puzzles right now. About to try Super Meat Boy.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.

Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!

Martin Golding wrote:"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby dandymcgee on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 pm

Trask wrote:I busted open Braid for the very first time... my mind it not quite up to puzzles right now. About to try Super Meat Boy.

I beat Braid a while ago, I think it was in one of the past bundles. Super Meat Boy is a bit too difficult for me, it's something I'd prefer to play on a console. A lot of fun though. Very MegaMan-esque.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Van-B on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:16 am

For me, Limbo is the gem in that bundle. Absolutely fascinated by that game from start to finish - it's a testament to what indi games can be like. I didn't think I'd like it, but those game mechanics are just so fluid and right for the job. Put the over-rated Braid and Meat Boy to one side and give Limbo a go :D.
Health, ammo.... and bacon and eggs.
Van-B
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Return to Community News