Elysian Shadows: Now Hiring

Latest news covering the Elysian Shadows project, The Chaos Rift forums, and our affiliate developers and projects. News also appears in the website's new section.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Elysian Shadows: Now Hiring

Postby Falco Girgis on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 am

As you have all now seen, the Elysian Shadows project is back and is going strong. As a team of mostly programmers, Elysian Shadows has been bottlenecked and crippled by a lack of art assets since the beginning of the project. We have long needed to recruit more artists, but we have decided to hold of.

We wanted to get the Toolkit to a stable, workable point that would provide an artist with anything that he/she needs to begin creating assets for Elysian Shadows... After Adventures in Game Development Chapter 20, that time is now, and that software is ESTkv1.5.2.

We are looking for skilled pixel artists who can match our existing style and also help contribute to the artistic direction of the project. We are an extremely easygoing team, and we spend most of our time collaborating over in our evil, secret "Private Development Forum" on these very boards.

You will be given the opportunity to help design Elysian Shadows, help beta test all of our software, and help contribute to any other place that you see fit (storyline, level design, lua, etc). You will also be given the opportunity to appear in our Youtube series "The Adventures in Game Development" if you want... Or you can choose a more passive role of creating art and staying out of the spotlight... as I said, we are extremely easygoing, and your role in the team (other than a primary focus on pixel art) depends on how far you want to take it. :mrgreen:

If you are interested, please PM me a "resume" of sorts. Explain to me who you are, why you want to be on the Elysian Shadows team, what your prior experience is, how you found out about us, what your vision for our project would be, etc. The more previous work that you can show us, the better. You will also be asked to demonstrate your pixeling abilities. We will need you to pixel some stuff to be used in already existing tilesets, to prove that you are able to match the existing style.

Good luck, and we are genuinely looking forward to working with you! :)
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Re: Elysian Shadows: Now Hiring

Postby dandymcgee on Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:46 pm

I am very excited that our tool suite has finally reached a point where it can realistically accommodate real artists creating real game content. I hope to see some very enthusiastic and talented artists who are interested in shaping the world and vast environments of Elysian Shadows. We look forward to working with you!
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Trask on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 pm

MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.

Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!

Martin Golding wrote:"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby dandymcgee on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:21 am

Trask wrote:I'll just leave this here: https://trask.dyndns-server.com/images/es.png

Hah, no idea where that came from, but that's pretty awesome bro.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Trask on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:49 am

Haha, I was bored last night so I whipped it up with GIMP. Glad you liked it!
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.

Martin Golding wrote:"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby tappatekie on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:13 pm

I would be happy to code c# stuff, but I know your looking for artists :L
tappatekie
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby dandymcgee on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:21 pm

Trask wrote:Haha, I was bored last night so I whipped it up with GIMP. Glad you liked it!

Oh, so that's your resume? You're hired! :P

tappatekie wrote:I would be happy to code c# stuff, but I know your looking for artists :L

While your interest is appreciated, we've no lack of programming talent on the team. Even still, no part of the project is written in C#.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby blackball2186 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:37 pm

hows the search going?
blackball2186
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby blackball2186 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Id like to give it a shot, I'm pretty good with photoshop, I can make up some example tiles if you guys are interested, let me know, thx, I sent falco a pm with some more details
blackball2186
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby Trask on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 pm

By all means dude, if you are dedicated to the project and have some skill don't hesitate to whip some things up or show off what you may already have. Art has always been a thorn in this project's side.

Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby Falco Girgis on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:07 pm

OF COURSE WE WANT TO SEE YOUR ART!

There is no way in god's name that we would ever let anybody on the team as a pixel artist without seeing your pixel art!
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Postby VolsporTV on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Falco Girgis wrote:OF COURSE WE WANT TO SEE YOUR ART!

There is no way in god's name that we would ever let anybody on the team as a pixel artist without seeing your pixel art!

^
Agreed, what team would want someone who says they can produce 'art' but never mount to showing off any of their work?
VolsporTV
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby tappatekie on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:09 am

VolsporTV wrote:
Falco Girgis wrote:OF COURSE WE WANT TO SEE YOUR ART!

^
Agreed, what team would want someone who says they can produce 'art' but never mount to showing off any of their work?

Same...
tappatekie
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Postby Barroll on Fri May 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Ever looked on pixeljunk? May be able to find a good artist there... Some VERY good talent there.
Barroll
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Postby blackball2186 on Sat May 05, 2012 3:24 am

navigating the pixeljunk forums is like hella scary man!
blackball2186
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Next

Return to Community News