Issues with DS...

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

mattheweston
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Breakout clone, Unnamed 2D RPG
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, XBOX360
Programming Language of Choice: C#

Issues with DS...

Post by mattheweston »

I recently purchased a used DS, and am having some issues with it. I'm trying to determine if it's just an issue with a game or two or if I need to replace the DS itself. One of the games that was purchased won't play at all. I've taken it out and blown on the connections (aka like the old nes trick). I've made sure it was properly seated in the DS and no luck. Other games will work most of the time but, intermittenly will have the same problem and will take a few tries to get to work. Is this a sign that the connections are going bad and that I need to replace the DS or could something else be going on?
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Issues with DS...

Post by dandymcgee »

mattheweston wrote:I've taken it out and blown on the connections (aka like the old nes trick).?
I don't know what's wrong with your DS.. but I'm fairly certain this is more likely to damage it than fix it. If the connections are grimy, clean them with isopropyl alcohol; don't spit on them. (Yes, this did sometimes work with the NES, but the NES connector was really shitty hardware from the 80's. The nostalgia isn't worth the risk.)

Find someone else with a working DS and try the game in it.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: