My Childhood is Restored

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

EddieRingle
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Programming Language of Choice: C

My Childhood is Restored

Post by EddieRingle »

Full post with album is here.

Due in part to watching Falco occasionally mentioning the Dreamcast in a video or two and the fact that I had money burning a hole in my pocket, I bought a used Dreamcast on eBay. I recall, vividly, many hours at Grandma's house were spent playing this wonderful system. It was always "the game console that got away" from me. Not anymore.

Bit of a side-bar: I'm also in the process of bidding on a broadband adapter for this thing. Turns out they're more expensive than the system itself.
Dormoxx
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Learning SFML and KallistiOS
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Dreamcast, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: My Childhood is Restored

Post by Dormoxx »

EddieRingle wrote:Bit of a side-bar: I'm also in the process of bidding on a broadband adapter for this thing. Turns out they're more expensive than the system itself.
I recently bought what I though was the LAN adapter (the one where you can't play online game with) but actually turned out to be the BBA.

I mainly got it for coding, but I think playing PSO, online again is going to be awesome. :D
CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
GPU: Sapphire Fury X
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Noteables: Sega Dreamcast with Keyboard
----------------------------
YouTube: Channel
Steam: [D]ormoxx
tumblr
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: My Childhood is Restored

Post by Falco Girgis »

Dormoxx wrote:
EddieRingle wrote:Bit of a side-bar: I'm also in the process of bidding on a broadband adapter for this thing. Turns out they're more expensive than the system itself.
I recently bought what I though was the LAN adapter (the one where you can't play online game with) but actually turned out to be the BBA.

I mainly got it for coding, but I think playing PSO, online again is going to be awesome. :D
Get your ass online! Get on the Sylverant server, a bunch of us (including Tvspelsfreak from these boards and some guys from DCemulation) still play semi regularly.
Congratulations! you won't regret it. It's an amazing console with shitloads of possibilities for homebrew. You can also look into the SD card reader and "coder's cable" as cheaper alternatives to the BBA... but the BBA is definitely THE way to develop for the console.