Antichamer: My new favorite game

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Antichamer: My new favorite game

Post by dandymcgee »

Anyone who is a portal fan MUST try this game. I watched about 20 seconds of the trailer on Steam before stopping the video to avoid spoilers, buying it, and nearly finishing it in that sitting.
This may very well be the best puzzle game I have ever played.

Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Re: Antichamer: My new favorite game

Post by bbguimaraes »

I'm actually struggling with myself NOT to try this game, because I'm pretty sure I'd be harmfully hooked to it.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

bbguimaraes wrote:I'm actually struggling with myself NOT to try this game, because I'm pretty sure I'd be harmfully hooked to it.
It took me about 11 hours to beat the whole thing. Only downside is there's not much replayability, similar to Portal, unless you want to do speed runs. Great game, def grab it if you can!
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

I played it through. It's good, but there were some frustrating moments when I knew what I wanted to do and how to do it but it felt unnecessarily difficult due to mechanics (in particular, any of the puzzles where you had to count cubes)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

MarauderIIC wrote:I played it through. It's good, but there were some frustrating moments when I knew what I wanted to do and how to do it but it felt unnecessarily difficult due to mechanics (in particular, any of the puzzles where you had to count cubes)
Though I did experience a few of those, I can't recall a single one that I didn't later discover a much easier solution. There were definitely some things I wish I had realized much sooner, but finding them was all part of the fun.