Antichamer: My new favorite game

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Antichamer: My new favorite game

Postby dandymcgee on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Anyone who is a portal fan MUST try this game. I watched about 20 seconds of the trailer on Steam before stopping the video to avoid spoilers, buying it, and nearly finishing it in that sitting.
This may very well be the best puzzle game I have ever played.

Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
User avatar
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Antichamer: My new favorite game

Postby bbguimaraes on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm actually struggling with myself NOT to try this game, because I'm pretty sure I'd be harmfully hooked to it.
User avatar
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Antichamer: My new favorite game

Postby dandymcgee on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:26 pm

bbguimaraes wrote:I'm actually struggling with myself NOT to try this game, because I'm pretty sure I'd be harmfully hooked to it.

It took me about 11 hours to beat the whole thing. Only downside is there's not much replayability, similar to Portal, unless you want to do speed runs. Great game, def grab it if you can!
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
User avatar
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Antichamer: My new favorite game

Postby MarauderIIC on Thu May 09, 2013 7:44 am

I played it through. It's good, but there were some frustrating moments when I knew what I wanted to do and how to do it but it felt unnecessarily difficult due to mechanics (in particular, any of the puzzles where you had to count cubes)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
User avatar
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer
 
Posts: 3430
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 4:05 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Antichamer: My new favorite game

Postby dandymcgee on Sat May 11, 2013 4:37 pm

MarauderIIC wrote:I played it through. It's good, but there were some frustrating moments when I knew what I wanted to do and how to do it but it felt unnecessarily difficult due to mechanics (in particular, any of the puzzles where you had to count cubes)

Though I did experience a few of those, I can't recall a single one that I didn't later discover a much easier solution. There were definitely some things I wish I had realized much sooner, but finding them was all part of the fun.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
User avatar
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm
Location: New Hampshire


Return to General Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron