Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword?

Post by eatcomics »

Falco Girgis wrote:I have to admit... the more I progress in this game, the more I am starting to really dislike it.

At first, it was absolutely amazing. You travel from area to area, exploring the shit out of new places, and going to dungeons. The overworld was fucking fantastic, because each area was like its own minidungeon, rather than being a bland-ass waste of time that was just there to get you from point A to point B (Hyrule field in OoT and Twilight).

...but all is not well in the land of Skyward Sword. After the third temple, that magic wears off... because now you revisit the same fucking three places every goddamn time. I just fought the same boss for a third time! What the fuck kind of Zelda game is this? There should NEVER be a repeat like that!

It's truly sad to me that with such amazing puzzles and such an amazing overworld, Nintendo decided to be so fucking lazy as to make you revisit every area 10 times. Each time gets more and more fucking annoying... You have to do the stupid ass "shadow realm" things where you have to collect all of the spirit orbs THEN you have to collect all of the notes for the dragons? Seriously WHAT THE FUCK!?

I can't help but feel like they have ruined the game at this point. It's a chore for me to play. I long for a new area or at least a new dungeon, but I know how much damn repetitive time-wasting bullshit I'm going to have to do to get there. IGN gave this game a 10/10? Are you shitting me?
IGN must be pretty biased... That does sound awful. Not only that but how can that game be a 10/10? Its nothing new. I think its just because it was a zelda game.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Falco Girgis wrote:It's a chore for me to play. I long for a new area or at least a new dungeon, but I know how much damn repetitive time-wasting bullshit I'm going to have to do to get there.
Reminds of those stupidly boring parts of Sonic Unleashed where you were werewolf and had to walk around doing bullshit tasks just so you could find the next level that allowed you play a real sonic game again.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

dandymcgee wrote:
Falco Girgis wrote:It's a chore for me to play. I long for a new area or at least a new dungeon, but I know how much damn repetitive time-wasting bullshit I'm going to have to do to get there.
Reminds of those stupidly boring parts of Sonic Unleashed where you were werewolf and had to walk around doing bullshit tasks just so you could find the next level that allowed you play a real sonic game again.
EXACTLY

Don't get me wrong... The exploration and gameplay mechanics in this game are absolutely fucking fantastic. The best of any Zelda. If it weren't for revisiting the same goddamn areas 10 times and stupid ass "gather shit" filler quests, this game would be a 10/10...
TheBuzzSaw
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Paroxysm
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

Told ya.

Groose.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Just beat it.

That was an epic as shit last boss battle!
gamenovice
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: wii u dev, sdl, and some unity 3D
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, GAMEBOY, GAMECUBE, WII, 3DS,PS2
Programming Language of Choice: C#,C++,Java

Post by gamenovice »

the climactic boss battle was what sealed the deal for me in the end. it was just SOO FUCKING AMAZING. also its the one time that FI DIDNT GIVE ANY ADVICE THAT I COULD HAVE USED, GODDAMIT FI! but man it was soo epic. when i finished it, i was at half a heart. half a freaking heart. talk about a close call. so yea the game is repetitive, but damn does it make up for it.
without code, we wouldnt have life as we know it...