E3 2012

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

E3 2012

Post by Trask »

Well, being that this is 1 week away, what hopes/dreams/facts are you all looking forward to seeing this year?

There's a Thursday(31st) new Star Wars game reveal on Spike TV(10pm EST).

Halo 4 is a comin', first official gameplay footage is suppose to be debuted at E3.

New CoD if that's your thing.

I'm sure there will be tons of Wii-U news, probably a holiday release schedule announced(my guess).

Metal Gear 'Revengence' will be detailed, though I have to say I'm not all that interested in this compared to past titles.

GTA V news? Possible a new trailer, a generic release date.

Anyone think that the PS4/Xbox 720 will be announced this year?

I will say from everything that I'm seeing, it's going to be a dull E3 this year, lots of companies saying that they won't have any major announcements this year. Also a good chunk of games are getting delayed until next early 2013.Whether or not Sony/MS decide to announce their next consoles, I think the potential lackluster news has everything to do with the new console cycle. Either they're not allowed to say anything until Sony/MS speak up and/or their content for next-gen simply isn't ready for the spotlight yet, but their resources have been tied up into the new consoles hence I don't think there will be much new news this year for current gen. Kinda sad if that's true... that also might mean that the Tokyo Game Show might have more news.

I will be trying to find a good app/site to watch the streamed conferences at work from my phone and catching up with everything else once I get home. I do enjoy this time of year, even if it seems to be a bit on the meh side.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."