MouseHunt

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

MouseHunt

Post by dandymcgee »

I've got a confession. I'm addicted to a Facebook app. My roommate started playing a game called MouseHunt freshman year of college. Every time I saw him playing it I would laugh and say, "You're playing that stupid mouse game again, aren't you?" But he convinced me to try it.. and it's one of the most addicting damn games I've ever played.

The game is passive by design. You take a turn once every 15 minutes, however often you want. You don't play against other players, though there is thousand ways to compare your progress with everyone else's. There is only one item you pay real money for, and it's not required to play to the game. As a matter of fact, you can get it free by doing certain things in the game.

I also very much like the fact that there's no retarded energy limits like EVERY other Facebook app in existence. You don't play it for 10 minutes solid then have to wait a day to play again. It takes a few seconds every 15 minutes to take your turn, then you can go back to browsing the web, doing homework, or catching up with latest trends of The Chaos Rift.

This is the kind of game you literally put years into to make it to the top. Or if it's more your style, you can stop by every now and then and play casually.

But most of all.. The developers are awesome.
A small group of guys and gals most of whom are in their 20s-30s. Every Friday they do a webcast to talk to players, get feedback on current events, and ask for suggestions for future ones.

http://www.mousehuntgame.com/index.php

If you're bored and have nothing better to do, go check it out. It may seem kind of cheesy [pun intended] at first, but there's a lot to do. Let me know what you think.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
StoveBacon
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC Xbox360 SNES N64
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Re: MouseHunt

Post by StoveBacon »

I can vouch for this game's addictiveness
SeaNanners wrote:"I shall be Vince Bonesteel and you will be....Rick McLightning!"
Day[9] wrote:"Read a book to children. Mass genocide. Lunch. The life of Dr. Seuss himself."