BREAKING NEWS! (MEGAMAN LEGENDS)

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

BREAKING NEWS! (MEGAMAN LEGENDS)

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Though the news is relatively old it seems seldom discussed (if discussed at all) on these forums and I feel that if nobody is to open a discussion or announce/advertise this game then nobody will discuss this game whatsoever.

Before moving on to the news of what I am about to talk about, odds are almost none of you have probably heard of an extremely underrated long-lost gem of a series called, "Megaman Legends". Though the name sticks to the other parallel series in the Megaman universe it holds little to no similarities to the other titles aside from you playing as a mysterious blue boy going by the alias of Megaman. The game is very unique in it's own right seeing that it's among the very few (definitely the first) among all megaman games to feature full dynamic 3d adapted into an adventurous shooter series with a very in-depth involved story-line. I'm not going to reveal much (mostly because I want you readers to play this game for yourself and get introduced to the series instead of spoon-feeding it you) but, the gist of it is you are wondering about the world (in the case of Megaman Legends 1 an island) uncovering several ancient ruins buried deep below the earth's surface in which you are to explore to uncover several long lost treasures or technologies that were created by an ancient race that once inhabited the earth ages ago and as you explore these lost worlds you progress through a very innovatively deep storyline revolving around the creation and whereabouts of life itself and your ancient past.

As great as this game truly is (I know it sounds biased for me to say this but believe me when I say it's great. If you want to see proof play this game. Or just download a rom for the games and don't forget to get the Misadventures of Tronn Bonne a prequel to the 2nd legends game) many other die hard megaman fans flamed this game for retarded reasons proclaiming it to be (untrue to the Megaman titles) forgetting this game is an entirely different universe of Megaman itself. Due to this, the game suffered the fate of becoming an obscured title with little to recognition for it's brilliance. For nearly a decade one of the lead developers Keiji Inafune himself tried to release the promised sequel to the game (Megaman Legends 3) but Crapcom the stingy corporal entity continued to give him the no go due to the small sales and small title the series carried.

However.... It wasn't until recently through much pressure from the developers and the few die hard fans that remained true throughout the years Inafune was given a 2nd chance of redemption through the little funds and small fan-base to releasing the long prophesied 3rd installment of the series. However, there is much worry of whether or not it will make it's cut. For you see before releasing the actual game itself they are releasing another standalone title (the prequal to the game) known as "Megaman Legends Prototype version" wherein you complete 10 missions throughout the game following much of the premise of the 3rd installment. Due to the small budget for the project should this title fail to meet sales then the 3rd game will never be released.

Now I feel that everyone on here as game developers and indie developers can highly relate to these series of events. So please spread the word and get this game.
Here are the following links all related to this game and it's history. And I HIGHLY recommend playing the entire series in chronological order
1. Megaman Legends 1 (on Playstation one and Nintendo 64)
2. Megaman Legends 2 (exclusively on the Playstation one)
3. The Misadventures of Tronn Bonne (exclusively on Playstation one I side series wherein you play as the antagonists)
4. Megaman Legends Prototype Version (exclusively available for download on the 3DS eshop you must get this game for the sake of the 3rd installment of the series)
5. The long awaited fabled sequal Megaman Legends 3 (exclusively on 3DS)

links are all related to this history of the game and the Keiji Inafune's struggle over the release of this game. I feel that all indie developers should look up to for inspiration the same as many of you do to Gyrovorbis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_Legends_3

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index ... _Legends_3

part 1 of interview over the release of the title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI8h0hYt-To
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/05/27 ... -concepts/
Rebornxeno
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Re: BREAKING NEWS! (MEGAMAN LEGENDS)

Post by Rebornxeno »

Woah! I can not wait! I hope it lives up to the awesomeness that was Legends 1 and 2. If anyone has any second thoughts of playing the games, don't. Definitely worth time and money. Thanks for the share!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: BREAKING NEWS! (MEGAMAN LEGENDS)

Post by Falco Girgis »

Megaman Legends 1, 2 (and Misadventures of Tron Bonne) are some of my all-time favorite games. Most definitely my favorite Megaman series (by far), and maybe even my favorite video game series...

Many of you may not have any idea what these games are... but for those of us who have played them, we're left with fond memories of adventure and awesomeness. This was literally the Ocarina of Time for the Playstation (and N64 with Megaman 64). I have never wanted a sequel in my life as much as I've wanted MML3. Finally, a decade later, looks like we're getting it...

Also... lots of the storyline for Elysian Shadows is Megaman Legends influenced. *looks shifty*