HIT THA BLOCK with a few bucks, came back with gold

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

HIT THA BLOCK with a few bucks, came back with gold

Post by Wutai »

Yeah, I've gotten into the habit of spending most of my money on weed and fast food, which sustains me quite well even if I am leading myself into a cycle of self serving money management and self destruction, hah, but recently I've moved from the boondocks into suburbia, and this means that now, there just ain't shit to do. When I hit puberty and realized that girls were more fun that games, I took a break a break from playing them, but now, living in this horrible dollhouse neighborhood and having lost my ability to pretend I was interested in the things most girls say to me in conversation (thus making it rare that I get my willy wet), I've rediscovered gaming!

But, as I said, I'm too set in my spending routine to devote much money toward all these expensive ass newfangled consoles, and all I have is a PS2, so I went to Gamestop, and oh goddamn hallelujah, all the PS2 games are ridiculously cheap. I picked up Metal Gear Solid 2 for three dollars, and I've been playing it obsessively.
Splinter Cell, Sly Cooper, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, all fun, all inexpensive, all genuinely well made games that still hold their own in spite of their age.

I'd like to have one of the newer consoles, or a beast of a PC, just because I feel like there are a few good games that I'm missing out on because of my dated hardware, but I'm fairly content knowing there's a trove of dated treasures that lie on the shelves of Gamestop still, waiting for me to buy them with a pocketful of quarters. In particular I'd like to get Dark Cloud 2 again.

I guess there really wasn't much of a point to this thread, but I didn't want to devote an entire thread to reintroducing myself on the forums.
For anyone who doesn't remember me, I posted on these threads back when I still had the voice of a seven year old girl. I was annoying.
But now, now I am a man! And I've come to fill the boards with pointless threads!
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
RyanPridgeon
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: "Triangle"
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Re: HIT THA BLOCK with a few bucks, came back with gold

Post by RyanPridgeon »

Are you real?
Ryan Pridgeon
C, C++, C#, Java, ActionScript 3, HaXe, PHP, VB.Net, Pascal
Music | Blog
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Lol, PS2 is the latest game console I own. Fuck paying $60 / game for another first person shooter with slightly better graphics than the last.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

I have to agree. Although I do play newer games most of the time, second-hand old games are ridiculously good value for money and in all honesty are just as good as modern games if graphics are not taken into account.
I'll make your software hardware.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Yeah I'm pretty real. I can't prove it to you but I don't see why you would have reason to believe that I would lie to you. Dawg.

I wish I still had my Dreamcast and Echo the Dolphin game. I sold both and now I miss both. I actually sold all of my systems, and my brother moved away and took the only laptop (I'm using a laptop lent to my mother by the school system she works for and it seems to have been abused quite badly) so no all I play is the playstation, but its library of affordable titles is adequate for me
bnpph
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by bnpph »

Puberty isn't an accomplishment, and neither is smoking pot and copulating with whores.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

bnpph wrote:Puberty isn't an accomplishment, and neither is smoking pot and copulating with whores.
or is it? Oh wait....
bnpph
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by bnpph »

If for everytime I hit puberty I got a nickel, I would have 55 cents.
JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Kanoba Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by JaxDragon »

bnpph wrote:If for everytime I hit puberty I got a nickel, I would have 55 cents.
...think about what you just said.
bnpph
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by bnpph »

Oh, duh. I meant 60 cents.
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

bnpph wrote:Puberty isn't an accomplishment, and neither is smoking pot and copulating with whores.
I wish we had a "like" button right now :lol:
StoveBacon
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC Xbox360 SNES N64
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by StoveBacon »

Wutai wrote: In particular I'd like to get Dark Cloud 2 again.
Dark Cloud 2 is the shit.
SeaNanners wrote:"I shall be Vince Bonesteel and you will be....Rick McLightning!"
Day[9] wrote:"Read a book to children. Mass genocide. Lunch. The life of Dr. Seuss himself."
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Why yall gotta hate a player. I wasn't trying to impress anyone, merely giving reasons for my financial situation as it has a direct bearing on the fact that I only have a Playstation 2. My casually mentioning something in conversation doesn't necessarily mean that I take pride in it or even that it's significant to me in any way other than that it's directly relative to whatever my main point is. Whatever my main point is..
Also it's silly to imply that I regard reaching puberty as an accomplishment. You're silly.

I don't actually have much to contribute, though, so now I just feel like an argumentative dick.

But, I played Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence the other day, and with the added control over the camera angles, it feels like it's finally the game Kojima originally set out to make when he released Snake Eater.
JaxDragon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Kanoba Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by JaxDragon »

I've only played mgs1 and mgs4. Both very fun games. Plan on borrowing 2 and 3 from my friend.
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

OH MY FUCKING YEHOVA. This guy's (@the bot) on everything I had bookmarked and in 2 forums that I use.

I agree that casually mentioning something in a conversation doesn't necessarily mean that you take pride in it or was trying to make a subject out of it. I spend my money on basically the same things, I'm not a man whore, I sometimes go swimming during the fall and I like tofu but not tofurkey, sue me?

On that note...
HAHA xD. Still funny as hell.

But we should really stay on focus of what his indirectly stated subject was, or else I see dandymcgee and his dump truck coming along!
So what have you been up to lately? Other than conversation with the sluts, testicles dropping and blazing 7 leaf clovers that is. I'm mostly referring to game or general programming projects.
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock