Dead Island Trailer, Wow

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

EdBoon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Top down multiplayer shooter using unity 3D
Favorite Gaming Platforms: 360, SNES, ps1
Programming Language of Choice: C++, C#

Dead Island Trailer, Wow

Post by EdBoon »

Subject sums it up
now watch it!

Undead Empire -> http://bit.ly/dYdu3z
Gamerscore Tracker -> http://bit.ly/vI4T4X
Undead Empire: Hellfire -> http://bit.ly/1AgC4ZY
facebook.com/BigRookGames twitter.com/BigRookGames
youtube.com/user/bigrookdigital
k1net1k
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Re: Dead Island Trailer, Wow

Post by k1net1k »

wow..

so what is it with zombies anyway, why are they always slow and stupid. I mean you hack up a ratio of 1:100 zombies in a game.
i would hate to see zombies that are as fast and agile as humans.
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

I officially hate the game. No way that was gameplay footage. WE WANT TO SEE WHAT WE'RE BUYING! NOT SOME ANIMATION AT THREE TIMES THE RESOLUTION!

Call me OTT but I hate it when they show don't show the actual game :/
Milch
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Milch »

Well, the trailer looks cool, but honestly, who needs another zombie-egoshooter?
Unless they have THAT innovative thing that others haven't, I wont buy it. (already have played L4D)
N64vSNES wrote:I officially hate the game. No way that was gameplay footage. WE WANT TO SEE WHAT WE'RE BUYING! NOT SOME ANIMATION AT THREE TIMES THE RESOLUTION!

Completly agree with you
Follow me on twitter!
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I've already played a billion hack 'em up shoot 'em up zombie games so, this game shows little to no interest to me.

k1net1k wrote:wow..

so what is it with zombies anyway, why are they always slow and stupid. I mean you hack up a ratio of 1:100 zombies in a game.
i would hate to see zombies that are as fast and agile as humans.
You sir are up to something! I suppose they are that way since their muscles have degraded over time making them much more sluggish. As for the intelligence, I'm surprised that most zombies would even have any left assuming that their brains haven't been deteriorated as well. The thing that really puzzles me is why is it that just because you rise from the grave you automatically have a crave for human flesh of all things!? Why can't your appetite just be regular like every other living creature? Hell! Why would you need to eat at all? Would you even have a digestive tract after your body has been rotting into the ground? We always see dismembered walking corpses in some games as well. Well, what if there is a zombie that has a huge gaping hole in his chest then he wouldn't even HAVE a stomach to begin with.
N64vSNES wrote:I officially hate the game. No way that was gameplay footage. WE WANT TO SEE WHAT WE'RE BUYING! NOT SOME ANIMATION AT THREE TIMES THE RESOLUTION!

Lol! That's how EVERY video game is advertised but, I do agree with you. It does get fucking annoying after a while. I suck at those obnoxious internet abbreviated terms, so I dunno what the hell, "OTT" means but I can assure you that whatever it is you aren't it because I share your same views. =P
EdBoon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Top down multiplayer shooter using unity 3D
Favorite Gaming Platforms: 360, SNES, ps1
Programming Language of Choice: C++, C#

Post by EdBoon »

Milch wrote:Well, the trailer looks cool, but honestly, who needs another zombie-egoshooter?
Unless they have THAT innovative thing that others haven't, I wont buy it. (already have played L4D)

Completly agree with you
who knows the game could suck d, and your right it shows no gameplay footage, i wouldn't buy a game just from this clip, but you have to admit that that clip is awesome.

I read a little about it, it is a first person slasher/rpg is how they classified it, because there are very few firearms used and is mostly blunt and sharp objects. I'm hoping its more of a story driven adventure game than an kill as many zombies as you can game, but who knows. It will be interesting to get more info about the gameplay.

either way i still love this clip
Undead Empire -> http://bit.ly/dYdu3z
Gamerscore Tracker -> http://bit.ly/vI4T4X
Undead Empire: Hellfire -> http://bit.ly/1AgC4ZY
facebook.com/BigRookGames twitter.com/BigRookGames
youtube.com/user/bigrookdigital
Van-B
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: iPhone puzzle game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: All - Except Amiga
Programming Language of Choice: DBPro, ObjC++

Post by Van-B »

The clip does look great, and the idea of a zombie game on an island sounds kinda cool - but I'm sick of seeing cinematics instead of gameplay footage.

Really though, they still haven't made that zombie survival game we are all waiting for. L4D is a shooter, Dead Rising is arcade with a strict story with a time limit, RE4 is awesome, but it's a story and it's rediculous.
I want to survive a zombie invasion, maybe a bit like Fallout3/NV and RE4 combined, sand boxy and free-roaming with lots of places to hide and explore and survive in. In fact the best zombie survival game out there is bloody Minecraft IMO. A videogame of Walking Dead would be pretty cool.
Health, ammo.... and bacon and eggs.
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

OTT- Over the top xD

If the game is anything as awesome as the trailer then I suppose it'll be worth buying :lol:
Aleios
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Aleios Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Aleios »

N64vSNES wrote:OTT- Over the top xD

If the game is anything as awesome as the trailer then I suppose it'll be worth buying :lol:
it's defiantly not anything like this, company even said. There was a trailer that had actual footage, but its from around 2009 :P would be nice and emotional if it was like the vid though.
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

In a way I agree and disagree with all of you. I love these kind of trailers, but it better be a trailer that at least remotely follows the storyline!! That obviously had nothing to do with the story of the game. That was their way of saying, "We made another zombie game and it has prettier blood spurts than that guy *points*". If you show a game play video it had better be as sweet and awesome as it shows in the video! But my personal views are that if it's a video representing the game itself it should definitely be gameplay. If it's promoting a certain section of the story or anything related I would prefer a cinimatic...

</rant>
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock