Goodbye controllers? :'(

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Goodbye controllers? :'(

Post by Falco Girgis »

I can't tell you how pissy I get even nowadays when Wii games like New Super Mario Bros, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns force you to shake the Wiimote for trivial tasks... It's just sooo fucking gimmicky, and it really detracts from the precision of the game as well as my own personal enjoyability...
MisterReplicant
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by MisterReplicant »

GyroVorbis wrote:I can't tell you how pissy I get even nowadays when Wii games like New Super Mario Bros, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns force you to shake the Wiimote for trivial tasks... It's just sooo fucking gimmicky, and it really detracts from the precision of the game as well as my own personal enjoyability...
I know, I hate that..
But, you can still use your GameCube controller for the Wii, right?
http://www.youtube.com/MisterReplicant
Needs more subscribers B)

XD
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by N64vSNES »

GyroVorbis wrote:I can't tell you how pissy I get even nowadays when Wii games like New Super Mario Bros, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and Donkey Kong Country Returns force you to shake the Wiimote for trivial tasks... It's just sooo fucking gimmicky, and it really detracts from the precision of the game as well as my own personal enjoyability...
I find it would be better if these controllers are not "standard" because games like Mario just does NOT work with it.
MisterReplicant wrote:
I know, I hate that..
But, you can still use your GameCube controller for the Wii, right?
I'm not sure but the is a SNES type-ish controller you can get for the wii. I'm not sure if they work with all games though since I'm not even bothering to buy any of this motion shit. I've played wii and it works really well for some games like tennis and whatnot but they should be optional.
thbp
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Learn
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC/PS/GC/DC
Programming Language of Choice: C(++)/Perl

Post by thbp »

i hate that. NO way i'm giving mine up. I hate the wii because everything is shake this waddle this and point at me. well no i'm not i want to sitt down pop in a shooter and use my joy sticks around firring at people. Yes i believe some games are nice without them like if there was a boxing game that read the punches way better yes it'd be fun. And it makes some "games" possible such as wii active but to me these are useless and tottaly against the nature of "gaming" it's more a way for companies to get mom's to buy video game system and games than for people to enjoy them.
I'd rather play a 10 year old game then play a game were i have to shake a stupid controller to walk
XNA ========== eXtreme Nuclear Atomic
Wrestlers have three motion: side 2 side , circle, and stalk
thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

I don't think they're all bad. Some games do work and some don't. What I don't like is when they force stupid controls upon you when they are really not neccessary. I don't mind swinging my controller to play tennis, but I am not flicking it upwards to jump in a platform game, and as soon as that is forced upon me I will resort to only playing games on my PC with my keyboard and mouse.
I'll make your software hardware.