So Sonic 4 is fucking awesome...

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

So Sonic 4 is fucking awesome...

Post by Falco Girgis »

Seriously, I can't believe so many people are bitching about the game. So the physics aren't 100% exactly like the Genesis... Who the fuck said they had to be? Why aren't you all bitching that the New Super Mario Bros. physics isn't anything like the NES or SNES games? Why aren't you bitching that Donkey Kong Country Returns doesn't feel like the SNES?

I feel like so many people had already decided "Oh, Sega hasn't made a good Sonic game in years, this is going to suck." Sonic 4 pays more attention to detail than I have ever seen in a remake. Listen to the music. They're even using the same instruments they used in Sonic 2 on the Genesis. The new homing attack is fucking awesome. Sonic controls and responds to input well, the graphics are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL--way prettier than new Super Mario Bros. The new levels feel totally fresh while still all paying some form of homage to Sonic 1 and 2. I can't fucking wait until episode 2 with Tails and Knuckles...

People bitch that the bosses are all remakes of the original? Have you played thew new Super Mario Bros? The bosses take 3 hits and are total jokes.

I keep comparing it to New Super Mario Bros, because that game was universally praised when it had several of the same (if not more) flaws that Sonic 4 got crucified for. Get off your ass and go download it. If you're a true Sonic fan, you'll have an orgasm reliving your childhood in HD.
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Re: So Sonic 4 is fucking awesome...

Post by Arce »

Just got it for Wii about 4 hours ago. Am currently stuck at the last boss and need to go grind for some lives. ;p

Yeah, definably a masterpiece.

What I am reallllly looking forward to, however, is sonic colors. Apparently this game is the sonic equivalent of Mario Galaxy, and kicks total asshole.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
EdBoon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Top down multiplayer shooter using unity 3D
Favorite Gaming Platforms: 360, SNES, ps1
Programming Language of Choice: C++, C#

Post by EdBoon »

yea it's legit for sure, i got it the day it came out. I guess I didn't look at peoples responses too much because I didn't realize people were complaining. Although I read Colors was pretty sweet, still haven't had a chance to play. I try not to buy too many games but then i realize that isn't going to happen anytime soon

yes if u haven't played sonic 4 go get it
Undead Empire -> http://bit.ly/dYdu3z
Gamerscore Tracker -> http://bit.ly/vI4T4X
Undead Empire: Hellfire -> http://bit.ly/1AgC4ZY
facebook.com/BigRookGames twitter.com/BigRookGames
youtube.com/user/bigrookdigital
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

GyroVorbis wrote:Seriously, I can't believe so many people are bitching about the game. So the physics aren't 100% exactly like the Genesis... Who the fuck said they had to be? Why aren't you all bitching that the New Super Mario Bros. physics isn't anything like the NES or SNES games? Why aren't you bitching that Donkey Kong Country Returns doesn't feel like the SNES?

I feel like so many people had already decided "Oh, Sega hasn't made a good Sonic game in years, this is going to suck." Sonic 4 pays more attention to detail than I have ever seen in a remake. Listen to the music. They're even using the same instruments they used in Sonic 2 on the Genesis. The new homing attack is fucking awesome. Sonic controls and responds to input well, the graphics are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL--way prettier than new Super Mario Bros. The new levels feel totally fresh while still all paying some form of homage to Sonic 1 and 2. I can't fucking wait until episode 2 with Tails and Knuckles...

People bitch that the bosses are all remakes of the original? Have you played thew new Super Mario Bros? The bosses take 3 hits and are total jokes.

I keep comparing it to New Super Mario Bros, because that game was universally praised when it had several of the same (if not more) flaws that Sonic 4 got crucified for. Get off your ass and go download it. If you're a true Sonic fan, you'll have an orgasm reliving your childhood in HD.
A'FUCKING'MEN! :worship: Every critic I read does the exact same shit. It sounds like nothing but complete and total baises from complete inconsiderate assholes. I aced it on my iPhone (got all the emeralds) now I want it for the PS3 download.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Anyone have it on xbox, for some reason I want it on xbox... maybe for achievements... I'm not much of an achievement whore, but some sonic achievements on my gamer profile would be kick ass xD But I wanna know how the controls are on the different consoles, seeing as I have all 3 xD
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

Is only episode 1 out right now? And also, was it released for PS3 yet?
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock
dnxviral
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: Everything... and C#

Post by dnxviral »

This game is pretty freakin awesome. Should be ported to android devices ;)
MadPumpkin wrote:Is only episode 1 out right now? And also, was it released for PS3 yet?
Yea I'm pretty sure its in the PlayStation store.
Ginto8
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Java

Re: Like the aspect of flexibility with the golf shafts

Post by Ginto8 »

wangying24 wrote:Bot banned
what the fuck... why do spambots keep coming to a game dev forum for golf clubs... and in this case, gay ass shafts :lol:
Quit procrastinating and make something awesome.
Ducky wrote:Give a man some wood, he'll be warm for the night. Put him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Like the aspect of flexibility with the golf shafts

Post by dandymcgee »

Ginto8 wrote:
wangying24 wrote:Bot banned
what the fuck... why do spambots keep coming to a game dev forum for golf clubs... and in this case, gay ass shafts :lol:
If people would stop replying to / quoting them it would make clean-up a hell of a lot easier. I read every new post on this forum at least once a day, so you can be sure they'll be taken care of soon enough. If you still feel the need to do something about it yourself, click the little "!" button on the post to report it to the mods. We appreciate your help.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

My ex Brandon would not stop fuming over how the physics were totally off and the game was horrible.
(On the flip side, I think he liked Sonic Colors?)

I only played for about two minutes, but I was never really that into Sonic games. I had Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic 3D Blast for PC, but didn't make an effort to get past the first couple levels. :P
I guess I enjoyed Sonic Rush for a while.
GyroVorbis wrote:Why aren't you all bitching that the New Super Mario Bros. physics isn't anything like the NES or SNES games?
To me, it does feel like the NES games. I hate that floaty movement shit. SNES Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island are way better.