Sonic Robo Blaster (HOOOOOLLLLY SHIIIT!)

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Sonic Robo Blaster (HOOOOOLLLLY SHIIIT!)

Post by Marx Chaotix »

OMG wow! I remember finding this game about a year or so ago but never thought so much into it nor bothered to take a look at just what exactly this is (BIIIIG MISTAKE). I am seriously blown away and feel like I just got a bitch-slap across the face after watching this video demoing the Sonic Robo Blaster 2 game. Seriously!! Take a look at it ALL the way through you'll jizz your pants by the halfway point. (it gets INSANELY BADASS at the end of the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcW-JSZgYQ

Everything about this game I love!!! Imagine if you were to go back in a time capsule and when the Sega Saturn was out in the place of Sonic Extreme this game appears. You can't tell me that this game wouldn't be considered a rival to Super Mario 64. I love how it looks new and innovative (with 3d if you were to look at it in the perspective of an old-skooler gamer) and yet still maintains the retro sonic we all grew up to love appeal with the 2 dimensional sprites of the characters in the 3 dimensional environments. So it looks new and innovative like modern sonic while still appealing to old-skool sonic fans.

here's a link to their official website (download this effing game!)

http://www.srb2.org/
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Sonic Robo Blaster (HOOOOOLLLLY SHIIIT!)

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yep, there's also a Dreamcast port of it as well. Looks downright bitchin' to me. Reminds me of Sonic Xtreme more than anything.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Definitely gets better and better the longer you watch.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I GUARENTEE YOU that if Sega ever made an exact replica of this game and just slapped the title "sonic xtreme" onto it that it'd DEFINATELY sell really well and would be right up there in awesomeness with Super Mario 64. I just got it for pc and am about to get it for my psp as soon as I get my screen replacements =/ (accidently dropped my psp and cracked the screen so now I got a new replacement one that I'm going to replace it with)
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Marx Chaotix wrote:I GUARENTEE YOU that if Sega ever made an exact replica of this game and just slapped the title "sonic xtreme" onto it that it'd DEFINATELY sell really well and would be right up there in awesomeness with Super Mario 64. I just got it for pc and am about to get it for my psp as soon as I get my screen replacements =/ (accidently dropped my psp and cracked the screen so now I got a new replacement one that I'm going to replace it with)
TO THE DREAMCAST PORT! I still need to mod my psps... well my fat... I hear they found a vuln in the slims I'm really looking forward to that one kicking into some serious badassery
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I finally got my screen replaced! Yes!! Though the covering around the screen cracked a bit (not that bad I guess) however, I am getting a new screen (I'm hoping for a transparent one to cover my newfangled awesome screen ^_^ and I got SRB2 on my laptop and psp and I even got the SRB2 doom level editor and I'm having a ton of fucking fun with it
Van-B
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: iPhone puzzle game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: All - Except Amiga
Programming Language of Choice: DBPro, ObjC++

Post by Van-B »

Looks great, and looks like it plays great too. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was better than Mario64 - that really did a bit more than this, 3D characters for instance. The levels look a little boxy compared to Mario64, you'd expect Sonic to have more loops and ramps and stuff like that, and for Mario to be more boxy. It does look like some good, old fashioned, challenging gameplay though, well worth checking out.
Health, ammo.... and bacon and eggs.
MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

Post by MadPumpkin »

I had the PC version a while back, now that you make the post it reminds me I need to get it again! I'm about to make the burn right now.
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

got it for DC its pretty cool, although on DC it has a lot of slow down

Edit: and no music, and multiplayer is so slow its almost unplayable, you can enable music through a command line or something but I don't have a keyboard for my DC :(
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

eatcomics wrote:got it for DC its pretty cool, although on DC it has a lot of slow down

Edit: and no music, and multiplayer is so slow its almost unplayable, you can enable music through a command line or something but I don't have a keyboard for my DC :(
Damn, I was going to ask how the performance was... I'm not at all surprised, though. That's completely done in SDL with pure software rendering... On a console with a 200mhz CPU, the GPU is almost not even doing a damn thing with SDL... It really needs to be optimized to use hardware acceleration...
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

GyroVorbis wrote:
eatcomics wrote:got it for DC its pretty cool, although on DC it has a lot of slow down

Damn, I was going to ask how the performance was... I'm not at all surprised, though. That's completely done in SDL with pure software rendering... On a console with a 200mhz CPU, the GPU is almost not even doing a damn thing with SDL... It really needs to be optimized to use hardware acceleration...
I certainly hope that they fix that little issue soon. *sigh* How I long for a modern Sonic game that's on Sega's own console.