Finally SONIC 4!

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Finally SONIC 4!

Post by Marx Chaotix »

So I FINALLY got to download Sonic The Hedgehog 4 onto my jailbroken iPhone and I already am halfway through it! I stayed up all night (til' like 12:00 PM) just waiting to load this game. I must say after playing this game thus far. I forgive Sega & Sonic Team for every sin it's made by making some of the crappy games in the past. This game literally redeems it all. I consider this Sonic Teams gigantic apology lol. Anybody else get it yet? I'm also considering downloading this game onto my PS3 and playing it all the through all over again lol. Anybody get this game? What do you think of it? I can't believe I got it the day it came out! And I'm pissed that this game got a lot of mere B's I dunno. I just see it as an amazing game.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Finally SONIC 4!

Post by Falco Girgis »

I have played it for the iPhone and it was indeed probably the best Sonic that I have played since Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast. 2D sidescrolling Sonic glory is definitely back. It feels like the "New Super Mario Bros" of Sonic.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

I nabbed it on the 360, I'm loving it and I am proud to give my money up for this.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by LeonBlade »

No way, I've seen comparison videos between it and the old sonic games, the physics is no where near like the original.
There's no place like ~/
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

LeonBlade wrote:No way, I've seen comparison videos between it and the old sonic games, the physics is no where near like the original.
While his argument seems valid for the first few minutes of the video is degrades rapidly. The more he plays it the more logical the new system looks. The only major flaw I see is that letting up on the right or left arrow while mid-air will make you instantly stop moving horizontally, that's very annoying and completely wrong but happens in LOADS of games. They should definitely have fixed that. As far as rolling, last I checked you can stand on a hill, even curled up (this is a living creature not a piece of candy which has no muscles). The game still looks great to me.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dbomb101
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Side Scroller
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Gameboy, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox360, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C#

Post by dbomb101 »

No way, I've seen comparison videos between it and the old sonic games, the physics is no where near like the original.
I do agree with the guy in the video to a degree, the physics in the new game are kind of annoying, but he also seemed quite set from the beginning to shit on the game, but what I found even more annoying is the puzzling sections of the game, honestly they are just horrible, so very horrible I was on the verge of throwing my pad out of a window. But overall I like Sonic 4 especially the auto aim feature it makes add a subtle layer to the gameplay makes progression through the levels alot smoother if you put in the time to use it properly.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I think I needs to buy my some microsoft/sony points... Between this and that halloween RPG coming out I have to finally opt into these arcade games