Starcraft 2 Officially out!!

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Starcraft 2 Officially out!!

Post by Marx Chaotix »

The long wait if FINALLY over. Starcraft ll as of officially today is out! Anyone buying?
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Starcraft 2 Officially out!!

Post by eatcomics »

I'm trying to win a free one, if I don't get it I'll save some money for it... or pirate no I won't pirate that's just mean, but I have to say, an hour after release the single player campaign was cracked
MrDeathNote
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: cocos2d-x project
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, Sega Megadrive, XBox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by MrDeathNote »

Hell yea i'll be buying it, i've been waiting for this for ever!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeathNote1988

"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg." - Bjarne Stroustrup
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

MrDeathNote wrote:Hell yea i'll be buying it, i've been waiting for this for ever!!
Jesus effing christ! Tell me about it dude! All I ever kept hearing from Blizzard is that "we'll release it soon" for like over a year. I'm glad to see it's finally out in stores. I'm now beginning to wonder if they're considering on continuing the series even after this game because they seem highly invested in WOW and the Warcraft series but, rarely seem to have the time for Starcraft considering it took them over a decade to finally getting around to making this game. I'm going to be real pissed if the series never sees the light of day again after this game and the expansion. Regardless, I can't WAIT to get this game! The Demo was absolutely astounding beyond words (only complaint from me about this game is that I'm pissed there are no more lurkers for the zerg. Thought they were really valuable units :()
DeltaFolee
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, GameCube, PS4
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by DeltaFolee »

I was going to buy it, but $60 is a lot to drop on the first installment of a 3-part game. I continued scrolling down on amazon.com and saw that the original StarCraft battle chest is only $10. Having never played the original, I bought that, and it arrived yesterday.
If only I could be so grossly incandescent
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Play you in broodwar sometime :D
K-Bal
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by K-Bal »

I won't buy it since I'm moving to Norway for 5 months and I will just have my crappy laptop :roll: But this time will definitely be put into game development ;)
combatant936
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: It's a secret!!
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64, SNES, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++, 65816 asm

Post by combatant936 »

I pre-ordered it a few months ago and picked it up at midnight at Gamestop xD

IT'S AMAZING!!!!
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I've been playing the beta, and it was great, I can't imagine what we're gonna see in the expansion :P
EccentricDuck
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Isometric "2.5D" Airship Game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2, SNES, GBA, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C#, Python, JScript

Post by EccentricDuck »

I will once my self-imposed ban on games is up. It'll end when I finish the project that I'm currently working on. Let my coding commence so I can pickup a copy and get my hands (or perhaps more literally the cursor of my mouse) on some siege tanks :twisted:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I meant to say, if anyone wants to go for a free 7 hour trial pm me. I got it on my account, but for some reason I can't get the beta to DL and install, and I don't want it going to wast... I think there's 7 days till it expires so if you can get it active before that then all the power to ya. I'll just give you the info to my account because I plan on making a new one if and when I get the game
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

Bought it (probably shouldn't have). Loving it thus far. Played 8 online 1 on 1's so far, won 5. Mostly terran.

Hit me up for a game sometime. ;p

Also surprised by some of the changed race dynamics now. It seems like Terran and Protoss both have a higher potential to rush than zerg, now. Haha. ;p
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

they do actually. Zerg actually takes quite a long time to get their economy going and get started, I find it hilarious
Arce

Post by Arce »

Aww, it's not quite as bad as I thought.

When you play the 50 beginner unranked matches, the levels all have these bullshit piles of rubble locking both players in their bases. They're pretty goddamned hard to kill (take almot a full 5 minutes for two zerglings) and I think are there to keep the noobs from being rushed...

Which is complete and utter fucking bullshit. It makes zerg nearly impossibly to play with, as they don't have ANY quickly accessible units that are able to bypass these structures. You can either

1) Hammer our zerglings, waste all the time killing the one infront of your base, THEN the one infront of theirs (by know they know you're comming and are prepared...)
2) Upgrade to a Lair, research the ability to load troops, then research the upgrade for faster movement, then drop in units... (by now, it's fucking pointless anyway...)
3) Get a spawing pool, lair, then tower and begin creating air units. (Same)

Whereas protoss can quickly create Void Ray's and completely level your base in no time flat. Not only this, but Hyrdolisks are harder to make for defense (now Hydro den is an advanced structure requiring a Lair) so there are no cheap units able to counter a Void Ray rush. All you can do is figure, "Oh, I'm playing against protoss, now I have to build an assload of spore colonies..."

Terran also has the goddamned Repears, who can jump right the fuck over the piles of rock anyway. You'll have 4 in your base in no time flat tormenting your builders at the startup. Sure, you can defend easily...But seriously? There's no possible way to counterattack with zerg. You've gotta move the goddamned rocks.

/end rant.

NOW. As I was saying, it's not quite as bad as I thought, because I believe these rock piles are removed when you stop playing the unrated, noob games and do the real placement matches.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I don't know :P I think the maps stay the same players just get better