Poke'mon the next generation

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Poke'mon the next generation

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Apparently until recently just after the launching of the two new successful titles, "Poke'mon HeartGold & Poke'mon SoulSilver) GameFreak has decided to release a whole new generation of Poke'mon soon to be called, "Poke'mon White and Poke'mon Black". My first response was naturally, "Wth? This can't be real" but, to my surprise it's very real and has been announced all over every gaming website around.

And, I'm surprised to hear of so many dissapointed reactions to the fact that they will not release this next generation version onto the newfangled upcoming Nintendo 3DS handheld.

http://www.n4g.com/nintendods/News-506741.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9m ... _and_White
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/13564-pok ... -revealed/

Thoughts, opinions, ideas?
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Poke'mon the next generation

Post by hurstshifter »

MOAR POKEMANZ NAO!!!!11one
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

Bluh, so another game with the same engine, but in a different region?
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by hurstshifter »

In all seriousness though, Nintendo really needs to get on releasing a Pokemon for the Wii. Boost up the battle animations, make the environments a bit more lush, and BAM! You got yourself a sure-hit right there.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I'm not sure how to react to this, it just feels like Nintendo is moving too quickly for my tastes lol. I new handheld, new this, new that. And Pokemon Daimond and Pearl didn't seem that long ago and already white and black? And if they do make newer versions for 3ds (which is for sure to happen soon) will you be able to transfer your pokemon onto the 3ds or will they just cut off the compatibility line right then and there like they did when they made Ruby and Saphire (not allowing you to trade from silver gold red blue green and yellow). That will just downright piss me off if they do. >_<; they better not! Or maybe they'll add a pal park onto it so you can migrate the pokemon like they did with the gba versions onto daimond and pearl.

lol, doesn't it also sorta seem like they're running out of ideas for the names of their versions to revert so suddenly from gemstones to bland colors like white and black? I dunno lol
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by hurstshifter »

Marx Chaotix wrote: lol, doesn't it also sorta seem like they're running out of ideas for the names of their versions to revert so suddenly from gemstones to bland colors like white and black? I dunno lol

Pokemon Gray & Pokemon Off-white
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

hurstshifter wrote:
Marx Chaotix wrote: lol, doesn't it also sorta seem like they're running out of ideas for the names of their versions to revert so suddenly from gemstones to bland colors like white and black? I dunno lol

Pokemon Gray & Pokemon Off-white
Lol! Now THAT is what I call bland. >_<;
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

After Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald, I feel that they are running out of ideas for pokemon. 4th gen for the most part is lame, and I fear 5th gen will be the same =(
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

New region new pokemans, I've been seeing the same damn screenshots over and over now for like 3 days though... You would think that if their going to anounce it in a few days there would be more screenies, but what do I know :P anyways, I doubt I'll get it...
pritam
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amiga, PSOne, NDS

Post by pritam »

Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

XianForce wrote:After Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald, I feel that they are running out of ideas for pokemon. 4th gen for the most part is lame, and I fear 5th gen will be the same =(
I dunno, the only problem I had with gen 4 was the ridiculous space-time plot. With the name Black and White, it sounds like they're trying to return to simpler times like in Red and Blue. There were still lots of useful Pokemon and cool new mechanics in the latest games. And considering how racially sensitive the US is, I would be surprised if this was called Pokemon Ebony and Ivory when it reaches the states.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Bakkon wrote:
XianForce wrote:After Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald, I feel that they are running out of ideas for pokemon. 4th gen for the most part is lame, and I fear 5th gen will be the same =(
I dunno, the only problem I had with gen 4 was the ridiculous space-time plot. With the name Black and White, it sounds like they're trying to return to simpler times like in Red and Blue. There were still lots of useful Pokemon and cool new mechanics in the latest games. And considering how racially sensitive the US is, I would be surprised if this was called Pokemon Ebony and Ivory when it reaches the states.
Lol! Just like when they thought of Jynx to be racially insensitive, so they had to alter it's coloration in the show. That was just flat-out ridicules. Or when all of the angry Christians saw Poke'mon as EVAIL due to the monsters undergoing evolutions to progress through their developement processes. (despite the Pope himself claiming Poke'mon to actually be a something very creative)

But, I think that what you said makes a lot of sense (seeing as to how they only recently released HeartGold and SoulSilver) I guess they got their fair share of complaints about them lacking creativity in their Poke'mon and the storyline so they are probably trying to re-establish their old-skool roots with these two upcoming versions. I just hope that will be the case. I'll be the first to let you all know if that's the case. =p lol