Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Pokémon HeartGold & SoulSilver

Post by eatcomics »

Marx Chaotix wrote:I constantly hear that you can obtain a larvitar in the "Mountain" region of the Safari zone yet, every time I go in there I cannot seem to find this. Do I have to complete any of the warden's quests before I can obtain the mountain region in the Safari zone? it's VERY frustrating.

Also, I got the silver wing and destroyed team rocket and went to the whirl islands and into the chamber where Lugia supposedly rests, yet I cannot find him anywhere? Am I doing something wrong?

Help anyone? Grr... this is frustrating being one poke'mon away from completing my ultimate team. >_<;
Don't you have to make the girls dance to get him to appear.... I haven't done it yet, I'm only at the 4th gym! but... that's what I saw on youtube, check out a walkthrough
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Bakkon »

Marx Chaotix wrote:I constantly hear that you can obtain a larvitar in the "Mountain" region of the Safari zone yet, every time I go in there I cannot seem to find this. Do I have to complete any of the warden's quests before I can obtain the mountain region in the Safari zone? it's VERY frustrating.
After finishing his quests, he starts rewarding you objects that you place in the Safari Zone to attract new types of Pokemon.
Marx Chaotix wrote:Also, I got the silver wing and destroyed team rocket and went to the whirl islands and into the chamber where Lugia supposedly rests, yet I cannot find him anywhere? Am I doing something wrong?
After you beat the 8th gym, go to Prof Elm and get your Master Ball. Then you have to battle the Kimono Girls. Afterward, they'll lead you to Lugia.
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

Bakkon wrote:
After finishing his quests, he starts rewarding you objects that you place in the Safari Zone to attract new types of Pokemon..

You don't need to place any objects though. Larvitar is naturally there, along with Lickitung, Rattata, Raticate, and Magneton.
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

XianForce wrote:You don't need to place any objects though. Larvitar is naturally there, along with Lickitung, Rattata, Raticate, and Magneton.
Derp. I thought he required the Nationaldex since you usually get him at Mt. Silver.
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

Bakkon wrote:
XianForce wrote:You don't need to place any objects though. Larvitar is naturally there, along with Lickitung, Rattata, Raticate, and Magneton.
Derp. I thought he required the Nationaldex since you usually get him at Mt. Silver.
Hmm... Maybe... I don't remember when I caught Larvitar, I just know he was there haha.
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

XianForce wrote:Hmm... Maybe... I don't remember when I caught Larvitar, I just know he was there haha.
No, you're right. I was derp-ing myself.

Larvitar is there, but only in the morning and daytime.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsil ... zone.shtml
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Thank you all! I FINALLY got him to call me back for his "2nd" quest he talked about and I got to unlock all of the cool things (also completed the second one where you have to catch a sandshrew) I finally caught myself a lvl. 17 Larvitar and I'm happy to say I'm currently training him (well....her but whatever you get the point) . YES now I have every pokemon needed for my ultimate team. Thank you all! I'm now also fighting the Kimono girls before I get to catch Lugia. Thanks again guys.
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

Looking to trade for a Mareep or Flaffy if anyone is available and has one of the two. Any level will do just let me know which pokemon you need (johto only, I haven't beat the johto e4 yet)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

I'm currently playing Pokemon Pearl, which I never got around to playing before now, and I've regained my love of Pokemon. Once I've finished Pearl I'm thinking about getting either HeartGold or SoulSilver, but what makes it different from the original Gold and Silver that would give me a reason to buy it rather than playing the originals again?
I'll make your software hardware.
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

thejahooli wrote:I'm currently playing Pokemon Pearl, which I never got around to playing before now, and I've regained my love of Pokemon. Once I've finished Pearl I'm thinking about getting either HeartGold or SoulSilver, but what makes it different from the original Gold and Silver that would give me a reason to buy it rather than playing the originals again?
-3rd Gen + 4th Gen Pokemon
-Second Wave Elite 4
-Gym Leader Rebattles
-Improved Graphics
-New items to give nostalgic feeling (Such as the GB Player)
-Battle Frontier
-Safari Zone
-Pal Park
-WiFi Battling/Trading (With Pearl/Diamond/Platinum/HG/SS)
-Blaine and Blue actually have Gyms
-Category of Attacks (physical / special) is based on the move itself, rather than it's type (fire/earth/water/grass/etc)
-An abundance of new moves
-New in game events
-PokeWalker
-Pokeball Seals

....And that's all I can think of... But I'd say it's well worth it =D
thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

You can transfer Pokemon from Pearl/Diamond to HeartGold/Silver right?
Because I'm going to try to complete my Pokedex (excluding event Pokemon) on Pearl and I'll be pretty pissed if I can't trade them over.
I'll make your software hardware.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Yes you can! :) that's what I've been doing to evolve my kadabra, graveler, machoke, etc. It's very simple to do. ^_^
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

hurstshifter wrote:Looking to trade for a Mareep or Flaffy if anyone is available and has one of the two. Any level will do just let me know which pokemon you need (johto only, I haven't beat the johto e4 yet)
See the attachment. HGSS has added a grass patch that I bordered in red. You can find mareep there even before fighting Falkner.
Attachments
mareepmap.png
mareepmap.png (17.75 KiB) Viewed 2127 times
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

Bakkon wrote:
hurstshifter wrote:Looking to trade for a Mareep or Flaffy if anyone is available and has one of the two. Any level will do just let me know which pokemon you need (johto only, I haven't beat the johto e4 yet)
See the attachment. HGSS has added a grass patch that I bordered in red. You can find mareep there even before fighting Falkner.
I know where to get a Mareep but I want the boosted XP. If anyone wants pokemon specifically for boosted XP or any other reason feel free to PM me as I am always happy to trade.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
Sanshin77
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: C++/SDL engine, zaActionWizardMagic game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, mac and PC

Post by Sanshin77 »

I got HeartGold yesterday and WOW, I love it. Haven't been playing any of the DS games, but i had all of the GBA games :O (E+R+S+FR+LG) Yeah, I liked those.... :oops:
It took away some hours of practice for today's math exam, but I did well :P . The new graphics are really good, and I like the day/night system a lot. The new pokeDex kicks ass.

Have you guys noticed that a lot of abilities are done with particle effects now? Like Tackle and Razor Leaf, they look different every time. Wow I'm a geek :P I guess I'll see a lot of differences coming from the GBA games.

Oh, I didn't play Gold or SIlver that much, could anyone tell me some of the big differences from these games? Aside from Graphics and new pokemon. Are the people, places and events mostly the same?
Check out videos of my C++ games as well as my "Amateur Game Dev" series over at
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zanchill