Darksiders

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

AerisAndMe
ES Software Engineer
ES Software Engineer
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, SNES, PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Darksiders

Post by AerisAndMe »

Who's played it/ heard about it?

I've heard this game is similar to Ocarina of Time, because of the way you accumulate a new weapon per level/dungeon that you have to defeat the boss of that dungeon with, etc. I'm on the brink of buying it simply because OoT was mentioned, but I'd really like to know more about it first. Has anyone played it who might have something to say about it (especially if you've also played OoT)? :mrgreen:
Sanshin77
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: C++/SDL engine, zaActionWizardMagic game
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, mac and PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Darksiders

Post by Sanshin77 »

I was looking forward to the game, a lot, but after watching IGN's review I got kinda disappointed. They basically say that it tries to be God of War + Zelda, but fails at both. I do however plan to pick it up, I'm listening to a joystiq podcast and they seem to enjoy it a lot more. The art, bosses and graphics look really good, and I kinda like the premise, so I'll have to check out the gameplay before I decide if it's good or not.

Would be great to hear some of you guys' opinions. :bow:

I'll throw in the IGN review:
Check out videos of my C++ games as well as my "Amateur Game Dev" series over at
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zanchill
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I'd get it, if I wasn't broke, because the LoZ formula is getting kinda rare these days! I like defeating giant monsters then getting to unlock new areas with the items I've gotten... OMG This topic is Making me wanna play OOT... My brother plays it through like 3 times a year... I haven't played it all the way through in like 2 or 3 years
ZachO
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: DC, Atari 2600, GC
Programming Language of Choice: Python

Post by ZachO »

I would get it but I am building a new RC plane (and getting new flying gear) and then I am upgrading my computer so I am set for the next 3-4 months plus I will soon be grounded. :cry:

Peace Out,
ZachO