Sonic Adventure coming to XBLA

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Sonic Adventure coming to XBLA

Post by Trask »

I know all the cool kids have it on Dreamcast, but....it's currently rumored with a screenshot, but with the timing of 'Project Needlemouse' coming up it makes sense to get people hyped and thinking/playing Sonic. For those folk whose priorities are screwed up and don't have a Dreamcast yet(note: http://www.amazon.com/Sega-Dreamcast-Co ... 101&sr=8-1).

http://kotaku.com/5445868/sonic-adventu ... -xbla-port
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Re: Sonic Adventure coming to XBLA

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

Awesome! I'm currently working my way through Sonic Adventure DX on GC. I used to have both sonic adventure games for the dreamcast although I have surpassed the furthest I got into sonic adventure on dx. I loved the last boss of normal sonic's story it felt like classic sonic and apart from one or two forgiveabe glitches it was a perfect section of gameplay. I'm currently working my way through Amy's story which I'm about halfway through. I have loved sonic adventure since christmas 2001 (I think?) when I first played it I was blown away by the graphics, the music and the gameplay. It is definetely in my top ten games ever and I feel a very strong sense of nostalgia for the game and its sequel. I can imagine the game being great on xbla and I may buy it but at the moment I'm after the dreamcast version :) .