PSP Used?

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

ibly31
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Like... seven different ones
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Xbox 360, Gamecube
Programming Language of Choice: C++, ObjC

PSP Used?

Post by ibly31 »

Hey guys. I've been debating recently what type of handheld I want to get. I used to have a DS Lite and traded it in(with other stuff too) and got myself and Xbox 360. My friend got a used PSP 2000(PSP Slim, PSP Lite) for Christmas, and I'm wondering if I should get one too. I'm not looking to spend more than 100 dollars. I am leaning towards the PSP because of its massive library, but I feel it may be too old and will be obsolete(maybe it already is?).

So, out of this list, what should I get?:
PSP 1000 (first model)
PSP 2000
PSP 3000
DSi
Wait for Pandora?

I don't want a PSP Go, the idea of not having physical games just bugs me.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Twitter
Website/Tumblr
My Projects

The best thing about UDP jokes is that I don’t care if you get them or not.
avansc
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Re: PSP Used?

Post by avansc »

im not sure how the firmwares and all that work. but i know with the 3000 you can also download the games of the PSP network(thats how the go works), but still maintain the UMD capability. but honestly, a hand held is a waste for the most part. just get phone that runs android.
Some person, "I have a black belt in karate"
Dad, "Yea well I have a fan belt in street fighting"
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by davidthefat »

get teh 1000 and go to qj.net for all your psp help, go to the forums, there are tons of tutorials
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

Ok I love my PSP-3000, but no homebrew for me because I DLed the 6.02 patch... anyways as for the go, it's battery life is bad, and I just don't like the button positions (I don't own one but I used one once...) and the whole not having physical games if fine, because your PSN ID keeps all your DLed games on it so you can just redownload them on login :D I like it vs. disc, the disks are loud...

um as for what you should buy, it depends on what you can get for 100 bucks but definitely get patapon 1 and 2 and get final fantasy tactics... LBP for psp isn't too bad but it's really glitchy and kinda frustrating... I hope they patch it soon
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

I feel that the DS has a much better library of games than the PSP (that is, until Elysian Shadows is released). I have both but use my DS WAYYYYYYY more often. If you're going the PSP route some good games are Patapon 1 & 2, Final Fantasy Tatics, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, God of War Chains of Olympus, and (only if you are a die hard fanboy) Final Fantasy : Crisis Core/Dissidia
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com