Christmas Games

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Christmas Games

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

Are there any games that you have, have heard of or have played that feature Christmas themes e.g. Christmas Nights or Blue Stinger. I'd be interested to see how many games feature it in some shape or form. Do you play 'Christmassy' (I was looking for a good adjective and this fit the job just about) games around December to get into the Christmas spirit?

I myself plan to play the last part of Blue Stinger (Dreamcast FTW!!!) on christmas eve as it features a christma thee in the shopping mall area and the apartments. Anyway I thought it'd be interesting to see whether anyone else plays these sorts of games in or around december or even at all and how many games there are that feature these themes.
Milch
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Christmas Games

Post by Milch »

Merry Gear Solid is really fun to play.
http://www.superfundungeonrun.com/total ... ygear.html
Follow me on twitter!
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

Shenmue for the Sega Dreamcast took place around Christmas time. You could even find a guy dressed as Santa walking around. Pending on how long you took to beat the game, he was also around in like March as I recall haha.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

Merry Gear Solid is really fun to play.
http://www.superfundungeonrun.com/total ... ygear.html
Thanks I'll check it out once I've finished the assignment I'm working on.
Shenmue for the Sega Dreamcast took place around Christmas time. You could even find a guy dressed as Santa walking around. Pending on how long you took to beat the game, he was also around in like March as I recall haha.
I used to have Shenmue and I think I vaguely remember that guy. I'm buying all the old dreamcast games as I sold off when I was younger and now I need to buy them all again :(. It'll be fun re-visitng them though.
On the topic of Christmas I think I recall Gex having a christmas level or two and I think Kameo has christmas skins as well.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Shenmue is an effing amazing experience, and yeah, right about the time you beat the game (if you take about as long as a normal person) is Christmas day. There's snow on the ground, Santa walking around, Christmas music, and some of the nicest graphics of the previous generation (Shenmue and Shenmue II STILL look good compared to later PS2/Xbox/GC games). Totally Christmas spirit-y.

And speaking of Christmas NiGHTs, I have a Saturn that I modded with a piece of tape. A few years ago I ... *acquired* Christmas NiGHTs a few nights before Christmas. Yet another amazing game for the Saturn. Shenmue was a Dreamcast gem, NiGHTs was a Saturn gem.