Super Smash Bros Rumble (DS)

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Super Smash Bros Rumble (DS)

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Any thoughts? I just thought this was interesting.
http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/07/05 ... ds-jungle/

I think that it would be a pretty damned cool idea if Nintendo themselves (not a set of indie game developers) attempted to port SSB (Super Smash Bros) in some shape or form onto the Nintendo DS. Again, any thoughts?
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Re: Super Smash Bros Rumble (DS)

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I have also recently discovered their main website and community in which they've programmed and made this game.

http://ssbrumbledojo.byethost14.com/index.html
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

At first glance it looks pretty cool. I would like to see a video of gameplay or something to determine if it has the goods.
short
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: c++, c
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, PS2, SNES, SNES, PC NES
Programming Language of Choice: c, c++

Post by short »

Indeed, I looked all around their website for game-play footage but I could not find any. I just came to the assumption that they are just starting, but I could be wrong.
My github repository contains the project I am currently working on,
link: https://github.com/bjadamson
davidthefat
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Fully Autonomous Robot
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by davidthefat »

Well you can always try to run the demo on a NDS emulator, since its probably really basic right now, it should run
zeid
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by zeid »

I downloaded and gave it a go on my DS. Its very unfinished but you can see some of the gameplay in there. I dont really like the idea of a fanmade super smash game, if you have ever been on the game maker community you would have played 1000 games (gross exageration) similar to this.

If you really want super smash bros. style fighting on the DS i recommend Jump Ultimate Star. Although it only comes in japanese :P

p.s. Last update in april 2008. Have they stopped making it?
Axolotl Pop!
Or, try it for free.

For many more free games online visit www.sam-zeid.com
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

zeid wrote:I downloaded and gave it a go on my DS. Its very unfinished but you can see some of the gameplay in there. I dont really like the idea of a fanmade super smash game, if you have ever been on the game maker community you would have played 1000 games (gross exageration) similar to this.

If you really want super smash bros. style fighting on the DS i recommend Jump Ultimate Star. Although it only comes in japanese :P

p.s. Last update in april 2008. Have they stopped making it?
I don't think so. The guy that was mostly working on it, was kicked out of the group, because he was trying to program it without basic knowledge of C or C++. At least I'm quite sure he was dropped from the team. When the game first started, it was really going great, but the person originally making it released the source code and gave up on it. So many fans took over. The team changes so often, and the code has been restarted. Since they took over the original work, I haven't seen anything worthwhile, sadly.
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I know that when I was looking into gba dev, I found a ssb fan game, I played it on an emu and it was really basic, but very promising. You could tell the people really cared about the feel of the game, all they had though was a walking/jumping kirby model, and a dummy mario, but all the screen zooming and stuff looked great. I have no idea what happened to the project, I think they stopped working on it...