Gretel and Hansel

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Gretel and Hansel

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

I've become addicted to newgrounds recently and found this game on the main page. Its got a really nice art style, good atmospheric music and is well worth your time. It plays almost like a side-scrolling point and click adventure game except you move using the arrow keys, it has some interesting concepts and ideas and having played it I want more which is good as too more parts are on the way at somepoint in the future. Quite possibly the best game on newgrounds, my description of it doesn't do it justice. Check it out.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/515322
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Gretel and Hansel

Post by dandymcgee »

Lol, that game was pretty fun, albeit kind of twisted.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Pickzell
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Gretel and Hansel

Post by Pickzell »

I just completed this game/got all medals, before I realized there was a walkthrough( :cry: )

I like how the art looks like it's done with water colors and is animated like South Park.

I also think that it's interesting how that a game where you can never get any punishment for death can be as challenging as this one is.

Plus it reminds me of Fable in a way, especially because of music. (Yes, I did like Fable).
I'm an altogether bad-natured Cupid.